𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

Tuesday, the sun was rather bright in the evening , could it perhaps be a good day?

"I followed that light in the dark,
arrow of fate in the rain" - given taken, Enhypen

"The end" Sewon voice slowly trailed off, as if making it's dramatic ending. Her voice resounded in everyone's ear, the dread they were feeling was indescribable.

All of them didn't even dare to imagine the foreseeable future.

Sewon's face contorted into a twisted smirk as she pulled out something from her back pocket, totally stunning everyone— maybe even the guards.

The younger ones let out inevitable gasps that made Sewon smirk even more, this time pearly whites showing terrifyingly.

The pen knife, which stood dangerously in her palms was let loose and she was practically dangling it on her palm, playing with it as it it was just a pen— a toy.

As the object swung back and forth, the group of friends were beyond shaken, it was as if the object was hypnotising them, second by second, they were falling into a void of haplessness.

"Your dear friend here— Chaewon I assume from the screams, was a great pawn for me or better sounding a good sport HAHAHA"

Gosh even her laughter mimicked the joker.

"I probably looked so dumb to you guys— being scared of my mother finding out? That was the last of my problems"

"Like I said your friend was the dumb one here"

"Don't you dare call her that you bitch" Haechan growled, eyes snaring with indignation.

"Dude now it's the time to shut up— don't you see the pen knife? You still dare to be defensive, you gonna get her killed!" Renjun smacked the vexed guy beside him.

Well, sad to say but this is reality, and Haechan's rash words caused the monster within Sewon to explode.

"Let's see who is the bitch now" Sewon laughed maliciously, placing the dangerous tool closer and closer to Chaewon's frail body.

The poor unconscious girl didn't even know what in the world was going on, in fact she might even be in dreamland, dreaming about unicorns and rainbows, unaware of the demon right in front of her.

"Stop Sewon, do whatever you want to me, just leave them alone, they did nothing wrong" Jaemin bravely stood up, staring emotionless at the demon.

All heads turned to the boy who slowly made his way towards Sewon, hands slightly up in the air but then, he place both arms down again.

"It's my fault, if you hadn't liked me... you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"So I'll pay the price— leave them alone" Jaemin voice shook with ferocity.