𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏. 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

Wednesday, blazing day

"You got me second guessing everything" - Anymore, Jeon Somi

JinRin

JinRin heard a distant sound, a rather muffled voice calling out for her. All around her, was pitch black- like the darkest of the night. All she saw was black and nothing else.

She couldn't feel her heart thumping as usual, and whole boys felt limp, numb to the bone.

She felt oddly secluded, in some place where she assumed was nowhere.

"Where am I" the girl thought, slightly convinced she was hallucinating in her mind. The amount of drama might have been the perfect amount to make her go insane.

Even her usual agile instincts and quick thinking were gone. Her thoughts were crawling through her mind annoyingly, as if they were in control of her.

Then, she saw someone far from her reach, close but not near.

The spotlight was shining on her mother, who she hasn't seen in the longest time.

"Mum?" The girl muttered out, eyes torn with emotions. She reached her hand out, as if reaching for a star. But it was all just a wish, an imagination, something she yearned but could not have.

"JinRin JinRin JinRin.. please wake up" the voice echoed again, this time right in her ears.

In her state of mind, JinRin heard the echo, but from a different point of view.

The voice spoke out of nowhere, making her think it was her mother.

"Mother? Where are you? Please tell me!" JinRin yelled out but nothing came out of her mouth— she was muted...

"I- what's going on" the girls thought as she saw the figure of her supposed mother fade away into the darkness.

"This is hopeless" The girl sighed in defeat, eyes wandering around aimlessly but it was really aimless as all that was in front of her was black.

This time, the speaker decided to level up their game and wailed out her name instead, making the semi-conscious girl jolt up in shock.

"Who—"

JinRin flinched inevitably but she didn't felt the noise vibrate in her ear. She couldn't hear the girl, the girl was in her mind.

"Come on wake up..."

JinRin felt a weird sensation. She gathered all her willpower to withstand the numbness and made it through her temporary paralysis.