𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐. 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤

Monday is such a long day :,)

Monday, the thunderstorm was as a molten silver sky

"Just let fate lead the way, maybe then, it will go away..."

"Oh shoot, Chaewon, I'm late for the speech presentation! I'm done for!"

Jolting awake from her melancholy session previously, Chaewon yelled,

"Run, quick! You can't miss this golden opportunity!"

"All the best! Love ya!"

Puffing out a quick goodbye and thanks, JinRin rushed towards the direction of the meeting room, running through corridors and stepping up flights of steps.

She felt guilty of leaving Chaewon all alone, after what had happened but her best friend was right, this is she only chance.

JinRin wanted this so bad.

Being in the executive team has always been in her mind and was always her goal.

Yes, she might not look like a leader outside, but she knows that she has the capability of leading.

She was eager to be voted in.

She hoped luck was still on her side, despite forgetting about speech the ceremony.

She guessed not.

To her utter dismay, the distance between the soccer field and the council room was far.

Lucky her. It totally made things easier.

JinRin felt as if she was staring at the room which was the pinnacle of the mountain whereas she was still at the bottom.

Climbing up the last flight of steps, JinRin stood against the railings, catching her breath for a second.

As she was about to get back in her heels to finish the last errand, she felt an impact on her face.

Before she even know that she had just bumped face-first into someone's chest.

Without proper balance, she went tumbling clumsily, losing her stability.

Shutting her eyes, JinRin waited for the imminent fall. Distraught. That's what she felt.

However, instead of the agony she was expecting, she felt someone's hand on her shoulder, gripping on  it tightly.

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry- are you okay?"

JinRin turned around and dusted her hands, a way of calming herself down.

Looking at the familiar hand of her supposed saviour, she looked up and saw-

"Jaemin? What.. you study here as well?"

"Wait, let's talk another time! Bye and thanks for the save!"

With that JinRin ran off, leaving Jaemin in a blushing mess.

Raindrops started to dance on the railings, dripping down like strings of yarn.
What a great setting to present a speech.

When JinRin finally managed to reach the meeting room, her turn was already over.

"Please, let me have a chance to present.."
JinRin pleaded to the teacher, looking down at her feet, abashed at her misconduct.

All eyes went to JinRin, her cold self no longer lingered, only her distraught self was.

Being late was the first thing on JinRin's not to do list. The list she made for herself mentally, was like Santa's naughty list.

"JinRin you get one last chance to present, and it better be good."

"Thank you Ms Hee, I'm so sorry" bowing once more, JinRin cleared her voice and went up to the stage.

Maybe the lucky penny in JinRin's pocket finally came into good use as she managed to speak every word in her script out, by heart.

Impressed and surprised by her speech, the Teachers clapped their hands, agreeing on the points of improvement JinRin made.

"The long queues for drinks and snacks can be reduced by placing a vending machine in places where students are most accessible to..."

"JinRin, that is a good speech but promise not to be late again?"

"Yes Ms, I promise"

"You should probably go thank Miss Kim over there, she kindly explained to me everything, if not for her, I wouldn't have let you go so easily"

Confused, JinRin turned to the direction where her teacher was facing, only to see the last person she wanted to meet.

"Why did you-"

"I only did so as I knew your best friend is going to be upset it you didn't manage to deliver your speech"

"Why do you care... after all you had done to her"

"Mind your own business Lee... but promise me you will look after Chaewon"

"She's my best friend not yours"

Scoffing, Ji Geon sat back down on her seat, without a word.

"Why aren't you leaving yet?"

"I didn't wait here to just tell you something so meaningless Lee, I came for the interview, don't you remember"

Oh. She was running for a spot in the student council.

JinRin knew her luck was running out, seeing that she was one of the only councillors left in the room, she knew she had to flee.

Taking careful steps to the door, JinRin thought she finally free and was ready to get the heck out of there until..

"Ms Lee, are you possibly free at the moment? Can you help conduct the interview for Ji Geon here? The other teachers are currently busy and I have a class to teach later, is that alright with you?"

Taking a deep breath, JinRin's shoulders noticeably shrunk down.

How could she reject the offer? If she did, the teacher will deem her as an unhelpful councillor and her chance of being an exco will go straight down to zero percent.

"Not a problem Ms Hee, I'll handle that"

Of course she meant the opposite.

She was interviewing someone who mocked her and bugged her ever since the first time they met.

Someone whose inconsideration and insensitivity broke her best friend.

Sighing, JinRin signalled Ji Geon to come and sit down.

"Alright, let's start the interview Kim "