𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒. 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞

"When time stops, remember, I'm still there beside your bedside, whether my presence is real or not"

JinRin

Dear Rinnie,
Sweetheart, I hope you are coping well in school, sorry to break this to you but I won't be back for a long time. I have decided to change jobs, I hope you understand this, I'm sure you will.
Enjoy the congee, all the best for your exams and make sure to eat well and sleep well!
-Mum

JinRin read the letter repeatedly, staring blankly at it in the process.

It had been the tenth time since she pulled out the now yellowed piece of post-it from her treasure box where she kept all her mothers notes.

And that was the last note she had given JinRin.

The congee she left on the table?
It was finished two months ago.

Time really do pass by with a blink of an eye.
And throughout these two months, JinRin needed her mother more than ever.

She has Chaewon by her side but nothing, no one can replace what a mother's love and warmth can provide.

Her mother was like her peanut better to her jelly, it sounds corny but her mother prepares p&b toast for
her every day when she was in middle school.

And that was many years back.

Tears swelled in the poor daughter's eyes.
She felt sick, love sick, craving for her mother's return since forever.

With no trace of her mother, except a few phone calls, JinRin was left hopeless, especially not knowing at the back of her fingers how her mother was doing.

The letter had tear stains all over it— a clear symbolism of how much this letter meant to the girl.

JinRin felt useless— and with her father gradually becoming a drunkard like in all movies, she felt even more useless, despite earning a sum of money.

Money now wasn't a problem anymore.
It never was for JinRin as she has always said to prefer having a warming family with everyone in place to having materialistic things.

To put it short, god might have misheard her praying.

She ended out in the circumstance which was in total contrast of what she wished for every day.

"Appa... have you heard any news about Omma?" JinRin asked again, for the fourth time of the day.
Every day after each meal— if time could let the two, JinRin will constantly nag and remind her father of her long lost mother who had said to be out for work for a 'short period of time'.