𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖. 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

"A glimpse of us"

"A glimpse of us"

Friday, the end of the world

"Jaemin dude so where do we go now" Mark anxiously asked, feeling as his hands got sweatier at the moment.

"Woah it's getting hot in here.." Ji Geon muttered out, looking at the directory map.

"Thank the gods we got pass them, their looks could already kill me- ouch" Jisung said which earned another smack from Chenle.

"For once keep a low profile Ji, it's too early for us to get caught" Chenle cautioned his friend who quickly nodded knowingly.

"I've only been here a few times, but let's head to my mother's office first shall we?" Jaemin whispered shouted to JinRin who flinched at the sudden sound.

"Oh-h sorry I scared you"

"Don't need to apologise Mr professional man.. lead the way" JinRin gave a weak smile before spreading the message to the rest.

The nine friends soon entered the mirrored elevator. If things weren't taking such a bad turn, they would have admired the state-of-the-art architecture of the entire office.

"It should be the 35th floor" Jaemin whispered under his breath as he went on the journey to search for that '35' button.

"It's right there" JinRin said as she stood closer to Jaemin to press the button.

The boy's breath hitched a little, taken aback at the sudden close proximity of them but quickly shook that thought away.

He was leading this so called 'mission impossible' and he had to make sure his mind is as clear as day.

"I'll make sure to keep my promise" Jaemin whispered into the girl's ear secretly.

"You better or else I'm retiring as your tuition teacher" JinRin joked as she gave her poker-face.

"Wait JinRin, your his tuition teacher?" Haechan face sparked with curiosity.

"Spill the tea" Haechan winked at the two who on returned him a death stare.

"After all of this is over" JinRin winked back promisingly.

"uh guys, I think we're here" Mark said as he got out of the lift first.

"Wait don't go first yet—" Jeno cautioned but obviously Mark didn't catch that.

And once again, the familiar voice of and evil serpent welcomed them back to hell.

"I see you brought all your friends" Sewon smirked as she took a step forward, letting everyone have a clearer picture of her smug face.

"You guys are such dummies, didn't Chaewon already warned you guys?"

"What are you saying," JinRin raised her voice and also took a step forward.

"I have enough of all this. End it once and for all! Where is my mother!"

"Oh don't be so aggressive, it'll be to your disadvantage later sweetheart"

"And don't you mean mother and best friend?" Sewon said conceitedly as she gestured something to her guards.

"You want them, I'll give you them"

"As a form of pity, since this is a pity party isn't it. Why, it's a pity I wasn't invited. HAHAHAHAHA"

JinRin could feel her world crashing down in any second as she saw the two people who she loved the most kneeling on the cold floor, begging to be freed.

"MOTHER!" "CHAEWON!"

The broken girl screamed as she felt Jaemin holding her back, telling her to calm down.

The guards surrounded the both of them, with tasers and knives in their hands.

"LET THEM GO! PLEASE TAKE ME INSTEAD" JinRin's tears uncontrollably flowed down her cheeks as she took a look at her mother.

Her hair was the same shade of brunette, but instead of her flowy hair which was always let down, her hair was all messed up, tied into a bun. Like a slave

Her face was a deathly sheet of pale, with pleading eyes and a frail frame.

"See what misery you bring to the people around you JinRin" Sewon said with a tone filled with sympathy.

"LET THEM GO!" JinRin's eyes were filled with fire, with anger radiated strongly off her as she could feel her blood boiling.

"Let them go or I'll call the police at this instance" JinRin commanded.

"Oh you won't even make it out alive but Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll offer you a one time choice."

The girl dangerously moved towards them.

Pointing her index finger, her finger went straight to Jaemin's face.

"It's either him"

Or

"Them"

As she shifted her index to her mother and Chaewon on the ground.

"Let's make this exciting shall we"

Sewon said as she snapped her finger, gesturing to the guards.

Their knives were now placed on the throat of the two person JinRin care most about.

"LEAVE them alone, please..." JinRin croaked out as Ji Geon clasped her hand tightly

"I think that's enough Sewon" Ji Geon told the girl.

"It's you again. A waste of time and space." Sewon clicked her tongue as she continued.

"But remember, you were also once in their position, so don't think so highly of yourself Ji Geon."

"Let her go now." Haechan's eyes dilated as his fists clenched.

"I don't think it's a good idea Hyung," Chenle warned.

"EVERYONE STOP" Jaemin shouted, ruffling his already messy hair the nth time.

"Sewon, we need to talk,"

"I don't mind" Sewon smirked and stared at JinRin's miserable states, favouring it while she can.

"The choice is all yours, but you don't have all day." Sewon reminded JinRin again as she smirked and left the room with Jaemin following behind.