𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓. 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥

Friday, balmy evening breeze, waking the trees

"The bright sunlight in my dark heart
At the beating heartbeat" - glassbead, gfriend

"Why are you two staring at me like that, it's giving me creeps"

"Hyung please help us out with something.. pleaseee"

Haechan's face contorted in disgust, cringing at their terrible whining.

"If you want to beg, at least do it well"

"Shut up Haechan, just help us out this once"

The boys looked at Haechan with puppy eyes.

Haechan hummed, eyes wandering around the room, the cute doe eyes clearly not working when it comes to him.

Both boys looked at each other and sighed nonetheless.

Of course, how could they forget?

You can never make a deal with Haechan, unless there is a deal or reward at the end.

That's why it takes a lot of effort to convince and persuade Haechan to help them out.

"Fine, if you do it well then we will treat you to hotpot next week"

Continuing his spotting adventure, Haechan pretended to ignore the two latter's words.

"Plus samgyeopsal?"

"And you have a deal"

"So what are you up to, boys, so desperate?"

"It's about Ji Geon, we think a girl in your class is somewhat related to her, in the past"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, we saw them having a serious talk that day and they seemed to have an argument"

"But who in my class would be related to her, everyone in there are mostly nerds"

"Everyone is a nerd to you Hyung"

"Have a point"

"So you want me to help lure the secret of their story out, that's all?"

"Just find out who they are and get to know them better"

"Fine, so how do they look like"

"One has pig tails the other one is a student councillor"

"Oh you're kidding, how could it be that pair"

"I'll try to friend them, let you know soon"

"Thanks Hyung"

"What are you trying to get out of this anyway, didn't we make an oath? The past is the past, we will not let that affect our future"

"Just... it's so weird how Ji Geon would do such a thing.. she was a literal angel, it was Jaemin's fault in the first place"

"There must be something that happened behind the scenes, hopefully the girl can tell us something"

"And also, we can't let Jaemin know this, if we do, we're dead meat."

"You mean, our friendship will be dead meat? Just like in the past..."

Looking away, the boys didn't say anything else, they would rather not get so deep in the topic of the past..

——————————

It is 630am, a helpless boy wandered carelessly along the long hallway of the school.

Walking left and right, he seemed like he was making a decision between life and death.

The film of sweat on his forehead, the furrowing of the eyebrows, the look of the situation seems too serious to be something minor.

But it was something minor. Something that a playboy should not even spend a second worrying about.

Anxiety overwhelmed him, did she even deserve JinRin, a girl like her shouldn't even be involved with him in the first place right?

The boy who once sent hundreds of kisses to everyone he sees, and flirts everywhere he goes was now replaced with a hyperventilating one.

If anyone were to see Jaemin here panicking over a letter, they would question if it was really him.

"Should I put it in or not? I don't think I should, should I-?"

Making up his mind, Jaemin decided to let his mind relax.

Laying down on the grass patch whilst staring up at the sky as the night slowly becomes day. Jaemin always finds comfort in doing it, especially when he is alone.

That is why he is often the first who comes to school.
Also, so that he could deliver his heartfelt message for the girl he both likes and admires.

Jaemin isn't lying. Day by day, he felt himself getting more intrigued by JinRin.

From how she acts so different from other girls, how she comes out with witty but funny jokes, the way she always seems to carry out her duty perfectly well while juggling both commitments and a job.

Looking back at the locker, he wondered how she felt when she received it.

He saw the look on her face, when he purposely wanted to let everyone know his liking toward JinRin.

However, after seeing her reaction, the frown and anger boiling inside of her, Jaemin decided to back down his plan and to avoid any suspicion for the time being.

As the time extends, Jaemin thought avoiding her was a better idea and that sending her letters is still a good way of showing his love for her.

He was glad that she had started to open the cards he sent. The nights he spent writing those poems finally, did not go to waste.

But now, Jaemin was stuck at a point of whether to quit his unrequited love or to continue striving towards it.

Ever since he had seen JinRin, which was when she gave off her speech, he has totally quitted his playboy habits.

Mostly dating carelessly without the intention of actually getting together. But In the case of flirting, he is proud to say, he hasn't changed at all.

Jaemin turned his back away from the locker door, fists clenched with both hesitance and nervousness.

Sighing, the boy took a step back again and continued on his way to class, as if nothing had happened, as if nothing had changed.

Jaemin hoped he had made the right decision.