𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎. 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭

Monday , under the weather, spring and fall

"Always, I'm by your side to give you a back hug"
-  Always, wanna one

JinRin

"The letters keep coming?" Chaewon asked enthusiastically whilst quirking her eyebrows continuously.

I nodded my head, giving a slight smile.

Honestly speaking, I was irritated by the flow of cards in the beginning, but after the card I opened a few days ago, I felt the sincerity of the guy.

I could feel that he truly did meant what he wrote, and was not rashly writing the letters for the sake of it.

I had expected him to treat every girl like some toys he can play with, not caring about feelings at all.

The poems he wrote touched my heart, never in a million years would I expect a few words to make me so emotional.

After seeing the look on my face, and of course, the letter the guy wrote, Chaewon exaggeratedly yelped

"Oh my gods, Rinnie, you and the guy are whipped for each other!"

Ignoring her teasing, I rolled my eyes.

At that exact moment , something suddenly dawned upon me, it has in fact been bugging under my skin since the first day Chaewon said something about a particular playboy.

Curious to whom was behind the sweet messages, I questioned Chaewon, hoping to get a reasonable answer.

"Yea yea... anyways didn't you say you knew the identity of the guy?"

"Actually, I don't know but I have heard rumours about similar incidents happening, so I'm assuming it is one of the schools' playboy"

" I see, well besides the point, all the best for the test today"

"You too Rinnie, wait never mind, you don't need luck, you do well every time?"

"If I fare abysmally for math, maybe I would have to attend your tuition classes"

"Shut up Chaewon, you're a smart girl what are you talking about"

"Hahaha, break a leg ya!"

With that both of us went to class, determined to pass our test with flying colours.

——————————

Counting the number of answers, I tripled confirmed that I had attempted every single question on the paper.

It was a decent test but the questions were made perfectly so as to differentiate between the subject ability of the students.

Rubbing my eyes gently, I played through all the formulas once again in my head.

"Should be ok" I whispered, checking through once last time, before handing it up for submission.

"How was it?" I turned my head behind, only to see a traumatised looking Chaewon.

"The paper was a murderer! How could it do this to me! It's too hard, how can it be so difficult"

"It's fine Chaewon, I'm sure you will do fine, I lended you my luck remember?" I winked at her, trying to cheer up the whining girl.

Slipping her arms through mine, we decided to skip lunch and instead go to the garden next to the field of green grass where football is usually played.

Staring up the condescending sky, we realised that the rain indeed was about to cry.

"How can the weather understand me so well"

"I guess you have a point, whenever I feel down, it rains too."

The two girls laughed at how coincidental the situation always was, as they find a shelter.

"Are you not hungry?"

"A little, but not enough for me to consume a entire palate of food."

"Let's just go to the canteen, it's the only place we can go other then the classroom which is stuffy and hot"

"Sigh, alright"

——————————

The five boys hadn't expected her appearance, they hadn't even expect to see her again after what had happened. Long story short, it affected everyone's relationships.

The couple's break up caused so my much trouble that it caused the seven of them to cool down for a week, before talking to one another.

"So the devil, she's back?" Renjun started, already angered by the topic of her.

"Yeah, Jaemin doesn't seem that bothered by it though",  Jisung muttered softly

"Of course, the clueless guy, does he even suspect her appearance?" Renjun facepalmed, knowing well Jaemin is oblivious when comes to these situations.

"His smart at everything except knowing people's true intentions.", Haechan joked

"Probably thinking it is because she switch school or anything else, other than a coincidence"

"I'm pretty sure she has something up her sleeves right now",  Jeno growled

"I really hope Jaemin wouldn't fall for her tricks and has already move on entirely"

"I've heard that he is hooked on a girl recently? I hope he is, it's unhealthy to suffer from love that is never coming back" , Mark said

The six basketball teammates continued to discuss about how they can help out Jaemin and what they can do to prevent history from repeating.

——————————

Mostly a filler chapter ++ having more conversations in the story :D