Chapter 14 - Destruction of Selarong's Fleet

"So, how's the instruction from the Great Emperor?"

Foreign Affairs official Hess was somewhat at loss after observing Shiela capturing the entire Wyvern Lords Squadron that was appeared to conduct a punitive strike during the Military Festival. They had somehow got involved in an international dispute... but it is also enabled Celestina to make a proper assessment of how the Papaldia Empire behave.

"No problem. Rather, we were able to prepare ourselves if things goes like this. But, we can't move leisurely since we lack information about this world."

Luciana's comment makes Hess only reply with a sigh. But, it was what Celestina wanted, since they have to know how to deal with the country that was claimed as a superpower. After Celestina was acknowledged as a superpower at their home planet, St. Celestina, now they have a goal to change the doctrine and the concept of how treating a country that was not a superpower either at the civilized area or outside civilized area, simply as a barbarian country in this world.

To understand the mechanism further, Alicia already discussed this matter with Emperor Hillem, in which he agrees that he wants to see how a superpower behaves. This action will sacrifice one of Selarong's town, as Celestina already plan the Operation: Sweet Dreams in case the Papaldia Empire decides to launch an invasion. This information is only limited to the Main Council and High Command.

Under this situation, Shiela's arrival is actually benefiting them. Not only it prevents Celestina's company to show off their technologies, but it also allows Shiela to capture all the Wyvern Lords to custody along with their riders.

But, since they've made a Papaldia Empire as their opponent, they've already planned the next step. Alicia wants the Zealot Strike Force to infiltrate and capture as many Wyvern as possible due to rumor that the Papaldia Empire is breeding an advanced species of Wyvern Lord, known as Wyvern Overlord. Fortunately, Jill and Silvano already arranges it so there was no problem for Celestina to infiltrate the Dragon Rider Squadron.

Before things settled down, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs canvassed the area and determined the following:

According to the Kingdom of Selarong and other military officers from other countries attend the festival, the attacking force was confirmed to be from the Papaldia Empire, this matches the intelligence from Silvano who works at the 3rd A country located 700km North-west of the Rodenius Continent. The belonged to the Third Civilization and were considered one of five's superpowers.The squadron belonged to Papaldia are so-called "Imperial Oversight Army," and they were dispatched by the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department, which deals with countries outside of the civilized area.This confirms that they have conducted a punitive strike and they have a reason to attack during Military Festival. The reason is to assert their authority over all the countries in attendance, which confirms this world may practice a gunboat diplomacy on a large scale.A report from Arcus indicates that there was a fleet of twenty-four ships located 200km west of Selarong with a speed of 15 knots. To make matter worse, Selarong's fleet was already moving to intercept it and their distances are around 75km away from contact. Golden Lion has been dispatched but they were unable to assist Selarong's fleet in time.

A confrontation was imminent. The evening, although they already had a schedule for the conference with Selarong, they contacted Selarong's department of diplomacy to set up an urgent meeting, intending to obtain more intelligence from the diplomacy side.

A group of officials from Celestina's Ministry of Foreign Affairs waited in a guest room. While the Kingdom of Selarong wasn't rich, the guest room for diplomats was elegant without being gaudy; it was overall a very pleasant room. After a short time, Captain Johann came to greet them.