Chapter 44 - The Closing Year

Sorry for being away. I finally have some holiday after months of workload.

This chapter is much a filler for wrestling, but the rest will be the main story.

--

The Celestina Empire, Kouraken Stadium, 17th November 1524 / 225

It's the closing match before the winter season break. The exhibition match is about to start at the match that the citizens will witness will be a unique one. It's a tag-team between Shiki and Zilva against Armada and Tiamat. The time limit for this fight is four hours, and there are some rules to set for balancing purposes. Considering Armada and Tiamat's behaviors, they cannot make either Full Nelson or Choke Hold for more than five minutes by the regulator for the spectators' sake.

Some of the big shots, such as Alain Portevsky, Cena "The Marine," Takeshi Sendo, Yanagi "The Hustler," and Volg Zangief, are attending it. They are watching as some of them are already at the S Rank in each of their respective branches before Armada and Tiamat arrive at the Celestina Empire. Hearing the rumors that both Armada and Tiamat increase the standard of entering S rank, they wish to see it by themselves if the rumor was real.

"Everyone! Have you expected how this wrestling match will go? This match is not just simple wrestling as they can use any fighting style they want! We have some restrictions to put in order to appeal to our audience and make sure that these wrestlers do not go overboard! The match will be a tag team, and there's a catch here! The match is between two Primordials and two Chiefs of the Zealot Strike Force!"

Armada and Tiamat are wearing full leather suits. It's not quite to the pro wrestlers' taste as they appreciate both Shiki and Zilva more than Armada and Tiamat due to clothes selection. Both Shiki and Zilva are wearing shorts as Shiki wears a sleeveless cloth while Zilva is wearing a sports bra.

When both are at the ring, some of the audience notice Sacchito, Sofya, Shina, Alicia, Lily, Lyla, and Lyzz. They're here to observe how they will fight while the judges are not bothered with the intimidation aura or magic emitted by Armada and Tiamat since they already used to deal with a bunch of intimidating wrestlers.

Shiki and Zilva got some privileges considering Armada and Tiamat are quite tall to handle several wrestling moves requiring equal heights to achieve it. Shiki and Armada have their face close to each other, just like rivals seeking some quarreling while Zilva and Tiamat only sigh. The spectators already let out some wooing cheers to start the match immediately. Compared to Zilva and Tiamat, it seems the crowd wants to see the fight between Shiki and Armada further rather than the fight between Zilva and Tiamat.

"All right! Everyone, to the side ring outside the net! Who's going first?"

"Me!"

"I do!"

Shiki and Armada raised their hand as they stayed at the ring and went to the corner of the ring, facing each other. When the referee rings the bell, both quickly charge against each other, but when Armada is about to catch Shiki, he lowers his right arm as he does the shoulder back toss to Armada, sending him flying somersault to the ground.

"Ouch!"

Getting fired up, Armada stands, and Shiki is about to make a front slam by using his speed and his arms to push him to the ground, but Armada moves faster as he delivers a lariat to him.

"Uoohh!!"

Shiki did not just being somersault backward once, but twice when Armada's arm collided with his chin and neck. His speed and force are clearly more lethal than what Shiki can give to Armada, falling with his front on the ground. Sensing the opportunity, Armada quickly does a Full Nelson hold and makes some slam on him several times.