Chapter 53 - Moments Before Interception

Holy Milishial Empire, Port Town Cartalpas, Imperial Cultural Center

For today's working-level diplomatic meeting, the Holy Milishial Empire notified every participant that they had an urgent announcement to make. Mu and Eimor already received the announcement two days ago by Shina, so they wouldn't be surprised when the Milishial announces it.

Having just arrived at the cultural center, the Celestina delegation ran into the Empire of Annonrial's delegation. Based on the documents they had received in advance, they knew that Annonrial was a magic-based nation that was in charge of the southern countries outside the civilized areas and that they have attended every leadership conference to date. They themselves were an island nation outside the civilized areas, and they effectively had full control of the two large continents in the southern part of the world. No one ever sets foot on their homeland; foreign relations were limited to a single northern island about half the Bali called "Bushpaka Latan." In terms a Celestinian person might understand, they had enacted isolationism policy.

Documents from the Zealot reveals that the Annonrial is only attending as an observer, and if there are no further events that perk their interest or anything that involves the southern region, they can leave immediately.

Because everyone thought of them as a country outside the civilized areas, no one was interested in them at the conference. They were only invited as barbarians that "just happened" to control a huge amount of land. Their people were not humans; they had wings growing from their backs—one white, one black. The document found during the Conflict on Pandemonium last year confirms their existence.

The Main Council was interested in the Annonrial Empire. Based on images from Orbital Defense Platform and recon from the Prowlers, Bushpaka Latan, their sole window to the outside world, was completely dark at night. In contrast, looking instead at their mainland, the amount of artificial lighting they had rivaled that of the Holy Mirishial Empire and the Gra Valkas Empire, and photographs revealed that their capital was very advanced.

The boats the Empire of Annonnrial used to travel to Cartalpas were a fleet of old-fashioned sailboats, something clearly less advanced than what other countries use. The Main Council had already discerned that the ships being serviced at their home country's ports were as sophisticated as the Holy Milishial Empire's magic ships, though.

LaCroix had received a directive from the Main Council, practically Alicia, to look into this empire if he had the chance, so he called out to their delegation. "Pleased to make your acquaintance. You are from the Empire of Anionnrial, correct?"

"Ah..."

Though this person's face was emotionless, their eyes betrayed a lack of interest in addition to obvious scorn.

"My name is LaCroix, and I am a diplomat from the Empire of Celestina. My government is very interested in your country. If we seek to establish diplomatic relations with you in the future, I hope you'll remember that we are very much hoping to associate with you and treat us well."

"Is that so? You may already know this, but our country only deals with foreign affairs from our northern island of Bushpaka Latan. If you would like to open negotiations, please travel there. In addition, be aware that trade with the southern countries under our control is strictly prohibited, so please send any requests for cultural exchange to said island as well."

While the words spoken were courteous, it was clear as day that they had zero interest in Celestina. Or really, looking back over the past few days of the conference, they had never shown any interest in anyone, period.

"By the way, does your country limit relations with every other country to this northern island?"

"Yes, this was decreed by our homeland; any visitations from other countries is expressly forbidden."