Chapter 61 - The Invasion of Mu: Battle of Ardennes Northern Beach

Second Civilization Superpower Mu, North of the Northern Ardennes Forest, Ardennes Beach, 11th June 1527 / 228

"Does anyone caught any sight of the enemy activities?"

"Nothing, so far."

The 5th Cadet Battalion from the 3rd Artillery Regiment is observing the beachhead of Northern Ardennes Forest. They've been assigned since last month to protect the beachhead to the Ardennes Forest from the beach. The soldiers are guarding the entrance to the Ardennes Forest, with the intel coming from the Flauvel Combat Fleet that the Gra Valkas Empire will soon launch the assault on this beachhead.

Inside the forest are five Javelin Tanks ready to wither the number of the invasion. The objective is to trap the Gra Valkas Empire and prevent them from getting off the beach.

"Spotted enemy warship!! Seventy kilometers and closing in!! The attack will commence in two hours!"

"I count three battleships and fifteen cruisers! They've also brought some personnel ship to transport the soldiers to the beach!"

"They're bringing in the air force! I count fifteen fighters and ten bombers!"

"Defense unit! Mount the Anti-Air guns! They must be preparing for an attack in waves!"

The soldiers immediately mount and operates the anti-air guns. The commander of the 5th Cadet Battalion, Captain Higa, immediately radioed in the Artillery unit stationed at a small hill 40km away from the beach to prepare for bombardment on the beach.

"Artillery unit! Two hours to bombardment!"

"Roger!"

Ten A-22 Kodiak and 5 105mm Pounder are aiming at the beachhead. They will wait until the Gra Valkas Empire reaches the kill zones as ordered. For now, the soldiers are filling their positions, such as the M-50 Machine gun, G-14 Gauss Turret, Flak 88R AT/AA, 50mm Bofors, GAU-10 Gattling, and Gr81mm Mortar.

Celestina set up defenses 1km from the beach as the objective was to prevent the Gra Valkas Empire from getting off the beach and suppress them until they could trap the Gra Valkas Empire's soldiers.

"Focus fire on the Aircraft!! Fire!"

Celestina didn't have air support; of course, this is all the parts of the trial to the higher league. Maya and Eleonora forbid any air support to defend the beaches. As the soldiers apply to become either a member of the Red Wings Army or War Maidens Squadron, they must display exceptional talent and survive the odds.

BOOM!! BOOM!! BAM!!

The Gra Valkas Empire, 1st Assault Squadron

The first assault squadron, consisting of 5 Leo Interceptors, 10 Antares Fighters, and 10 Sirius Light Bombers, is approaching the beachhead.

"Oh, look at that. We have the prize down there."

"I didn't expect they gave ground for our army to land on the beach."

"We just need to soften them out. Let's find the artillery, so we can force these barbarians to retreat."

BOOM!! BAM!!

"W-what!?"

"Goddamn it, they got the anti-air network!"

"Let's teach these whelps a lesson!"

The aircraft descended to the assault position, but when the squadron was about to launch an attack five kilometers from the attack point, they lost the entire Sirius Bomber and half of the Leo Interceptor and Antares Fighter.

"We can't do a bombing run!! Our bombers are down!"

"What!? That's impossible! Keep going! We need to inflict casualties and lighten the work of our Army!"