Chapter 51 - World Conference Begins

Second Civilization, Superpower Mu, EasternPort City Maikal

The sky was clear, the weather wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold, and the smell of the sea was pleasant. Sea birds cried off in the distance. A man of elderly age sat watching the port from his chair.

"Maikal sure has changed over the last year," he remarked to the woman next to him.

A couple of ships were anchored at the port: two large tankers flying a winged shield and staff flag and a RORO ship with the Empire-class Astral ship's model. After the renovations finished about half a year ago, the port was now deep enough to support large ships like that tanker. Up on the land, there were numerous huge, cylindrical oil tanks standing in rows. On the south side of Maikal, a petrochemical plant had been constructed. Until recently, a plant of that size would have been completely impossible for Mu, but it had just started operations last month.

Now that they knew how to build this kind of state-of-the-art plant, Mu's major corporations had expanded into Maikal and begun widespread construction. Capital investment in Mu was the highest it had ever been, and the unprecedented construction rush continued on without end.

"Isn't that the truth? It's like they're chasing after Celestina; everywhere you look, the scenery's changing. The month after next, apparently, the sky will be opening up to private citizens, too."

In order to accommodate Celestina's jets and sky train or known as Galaxy Railways, the airports that Mu had built in various countries had to have their air traffic control functions overhauled and their sturdy runways further improved and elongated. The train station was also established at the airport, allowing direct transit from the airport to the train station.

"That reminds me, lately you see a lot of Celestinian cars on the roads."

"They're the best you can get right now, after all."

Mu didn't adopt any protectionist policies, so Celestinian cars were selling like hotcakes to the wealthy. Between the quickly-growing Principality of Qua-Toyne, the Kingdom of Louria that was currently upgrading its infrastructure, and the unending demand for Celestinian cars in the Third Civilization, Celestina's factories were at a high capacity day in and day out. So far, Celestina can keep up with demand, which causes resource gathering and delivery to the factory to become one of the most recommended jobs for adventurers. Dungeons that produce production materials are full of adventurers, causing the guild to raise the reward proportionally to the point where the companies are putting up seasonal requests, as adventurers must fulfill the requirements before the next season arrives. Finally, because of the New World Technology Outflow Configuration, Celestina and Mu are currently establishing factories that can procure vehicles and equipment that Mu demanded, which is set for operational in six months.

Every country also had its eyes on Celestina's video and telecommunications technology, yearning to set up a government-managed television network and constructing radio towers to help realize that ambition. However, very few countries were equipped to generate electricity, so there were just as many orders for power plants, which also couldn't be fulfilled quickly. Celestina manages to offer the alternative by selling a crystal ball that serves in place of a television network and a telephone powered with magic for communications. On top of that, countries in the Third Civilization passed various governmental bills in order to provide support for Celestinian mobile network. This makes the Lottery Mouse Research Industry create a magic-based transmitter as a temporary measure to comply with the Third Civilization demand.

That wasn't the end of the construction woes. Port renovation requests were also endless, and so far, all ports are under renovation except Duro and Verlaine by diverting MCV and Crawler to support the construction. For both Duro and Verlaine, the construction was completed earlier than scheduled due to support from the Eclipse Empire. There were floods of orders for tankers in the shipbuilding industry, generating a waiting list for up to a year. Even the clothing industry was affected; the cloth was being exported in bulk. Both sewing technology and Celestinian fashion were very popular, so they were the busiest they had ever been in history. Celestina sells various clothes from all eras. As the clothes can be augmented with abilities to support the users, the customer must be at least D-Rank Adventurer, and Sage Ore augmentation must be at least S-Rank Adventurer.