Chapter 23 - Sacchito vs Nosgorath

Sacchito has woke up and all of them got a good nice of sleep, thanks to Sofya, Cecilia, and Alicia who uses a relaxing spell to ease their tension for that night. As he was just finishing brushing his teeth and having a simple sandwich made by Sofya as breakfast, he got a report that the Demon Lord Nosgorath had appeared, alone, on the main street between Minaisa's town square and the castle gate. Apparently, it was completely enraged after his entire lieutenants are obliterated. Sacchito wants to duel with him in person.

Luciana also looks at his rage and it seems he went all alone in pure rage. It saves their time from hunting the Demon Lord, but sadly enough, he didn't bring the scarlet dragon.

"Did you get a report of where the dragon is?"

"No. I think it has stayed inside the camp."

"It can't be helped then..."

"UOOOOOOHHH!!!"

"What!?"

Daradundaradundaradun...

Both Sacchito and Luciana could hear the sounds of knights shouting rallying cries and horses galloping. Apparently, 200 Topa knights just went on the attack unannounced.

"Hey! What are you guys doing!? Retreat!!"

They did not hear his word, rather, they choose to follow their commander instead.

--

The Demon Lord had come out all alone. Abon, a northern aristocrat, thought this was a chance to defeat it, so he gathered up 200 of his men and led a charge from the castle gate. There was only one enemy, so numbers should easily crush it.

"Follow me!!!"

"Hey! What are you guys doing!? Retreat!!"

Horses kicked up clouds of dust as they carried the knights straight at the solitary Demon Lord, someone even the heroes of legend could not defeat while ignoring Sacchito's orders. Dark mana visibly emanated from the Demon Lord Nosgoorah.

"Insects!!!"

The Demon Lord raised its hands at the Topa knights, summoning black flames.

"Hear my command, in the name of the lord of the demon world. King of the Flames of Purgatory, Brongaa, by my order, burn these fools who dare stand against me! Demon Lord Hidden Art of Burning Death: Incinerating Black Firestorm!!!"

The black hellfire coalesced into the shape of a storm and flew toward the knights.

"Wha—?!"

"GUAAAHHH!!!"

The storm of flame blows and swooped down on the charging warriors. Every knight and horse was swallowed up in the black flames and turned to ash.

"Wha..."

Soldiers who watched the entire sequence from above the castle gate were in shock at the display of the Demon Lord's strength. The Demon Lord began to cast even more magic.

"Vast lord of the earth, let loose your immense power; awaken, elder fiend, and execute my will! Ancient Kaiser Golem!!!"

Grghgrghgrgh...

The ground rose up and gathered into a large clump of stone. The clump took on the shape of a person then began to move. It was gigantic. Among demihumans, elves had the most mana, and even their most powerful mages could only create golems that were about two meters tall. This golem was a staggering eighteen meters! How much mana was needed to create a golem nine times as large as the elves?!

--

"What do you think?"

"Me?"

Alicia looks at Freya while assessing Nosgorath's mana. The Main Council just looks at it as they already face this kind of monster before. A book pops at Alicia's head as she writes the entire sequence down.