Chapter 74 - Operation Reclamation

Author's Note:

Been in a good mood to write. Next will be the final phase of the Operation Blue Flag

My original web novel:

https://neovel.io/book/10580/EN/legend-of-the-guardian-soldier

Also, if you want to support me, you can do so through ko-fi or Paypal.

https://ko-fi.com/lourie054

https://paypal.me/A054

Patreon is currently in progress.

Community:

https://discord.gg/hf7wYCSkNz

--

Town of Alue, the 1st Ballistic Ranger Army

During Gra Cabal's inspections on the front line, Celestina infiltrates the city. Some assault squads managed to rescue the locals who were about to be executed by the Gra Valkas Imperial Soldiers once the inspection ended.

"T-thank you, ma'am."

"Get back to your house. Close the store, and don't come out."

At one of the emplacements, three Gra Valkas personnel were chattering. Three arrows struck their head, dispatching them almost instantly.

"Emplacement clear."

"Northern sector is clear. Buron Village is free from the occupation."

"Copy that. Continue to march under Mirage Tank's camouflage."

Celestina deploys Mirage Tanks to smoothen the infiltration to the city in an attempt to give Gra Valkas Occupational Forces the element of surprise. Locals were secured and escorted out from the city, while those who refused to come out were ordered to stay at the house and lock the doors.

"Another group of executioners has been neutralized."

"Good. What's the status of Mu's Armored Division?"

"Eastern entrance is clear. Villages were also clear of hostiles. They encountered minimal resistance and captured twenty trucks of food."

"That's quite a number. I wonder if they keep demanding food every day?"

"Pipe down, soldiers. Keep advancing to the city. Our objective is to capture Town Hall and Hotel Zedwell."

"Yes, Ma'am!"

Cecilia Keyron, the Commanding Officer of this operation, supervises Celestina and Mu Army's advance to the city. No gunfire was heard, as infiltration remains on the schedule. Cecilia keeps in contact with General Mick, who also oversees this operation.

"How's the preparation, madam Keyron?"

"It's on schedule. How're your troops faring?"

"Still perplexed over the new invention Celestina brings for this operation."

"No big deal. Once we liberate this town today, we can establish the base for operation at the Hinomawari Kingdom."

"You plan to liberate it straight after recapturing Alue?"

"No. I plan to liberate it once their diplomat comes to us. Since the Crown Prince of the Gra Valkas Empire is here, capturing him would definitely lure them to us."

"Mu will not be keeping him in custody."

"No, you won't. Celestina will keep him in custody."

"That's fair enough."

Cecilia sets up the command post at the mouth of Alue on the east side of the city.

"Keep going, keep going."