Chapter 35 - The Expedition Begins

Don't hesitate to support my channel or discuss about it.

Discord Channel:

https://discord.gg/Unfuz8q

I like to write stories, and support will be always appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/LOURIE054

--

The Celestina Empire, North of the Doors of The World, 20th April 1524 / 225

"Is everyone ready?"

Rokari looks at her Legion. The Legion has formed following the subjugation of the Demon Lord Nosgorath five months ago. The Council names it the Adventurer Expeditionary Fleet. The purpose of this fleet was to explore and investigate the Pandemonium Continent. Due to the harsh weather, the expedition was put on hold until the recon team manage to obtain suitable information of when the weather will be perfect for departure.

Numbered one thousand, all of them are at least B rank adventurers. On the sky itself, a heavily customized Firefly-class Heavy Frigate, two Coalition-class Astral ships, fifteen pairs of League-class and Empire-class Astral ships are holding positions above the sky of the Doors to the World.

"We're ready!"

"Then, let's depart! All units! Commence the exploration!"

The adventurers immediately summons their mounts to hasten themselves to the destination. The base camp that will be used as the Headquarters of the Adventurers Expeditionary lies 400km North of the Doors to the World. It has terrain and geographical advantage since the adventurers can establish their camp, and the patrol parties can observe any possible threat that may come to the Headquarters.

Pandemonium continent, the reason this continent was difficult to explore is that it's often winter due to the harsh weather. For that, thorough preparation was necessary, and the adventurers are wearing their winter gear for this expedition, save for those who wear armor that has body temperature adjustment augmentation.

--

Two hours later, Frozen Bracelet Bridge, nine thousand feet

"Do we have the advance team ready for headquarters construction?"

"Yes, we have. The advance team will reach the destination in around thirty minutes."

The Second-in-Command of the Adventurer Expeditionary Fleet, Hugmand Carlyle, was looking at the holo table. They are now 50km from the nearest settlement. The Secondary Flagship, Rogdor of Kirah, is moving to the Headquarters site to oversee the construction of its operations base.

Hughmand Carlyle was an SS Rank adventurer, a rank below Rokari Migurdia. His swordsmanship is excellent, using a dual sword as his weapon. When sparring with Luciana, he lacks body flexibility as he relies on his sword too much. He trains to make up for such disadvantages, and because of that, he was able to reach SS rank.

"Ma'am. We got unknown anomaly ahead of us."

"I see it..."

Rokari stares at the red cloud coming their way. She saw some sparks of lighting from the cloud. Her instinct tells her that she needs to evade it.

"Evasive maneuvers! Full port side!"

"Aye! Full port side!"

"Ma'am! The wind is heading this way!"

"We can't dodge it in time! All crew, brace yourselves!"

When the Frigate was caught in the storm, it struck several parts of the ship. The lighting drained the energy shield protecting the ship to the point where the storm scores enough power to shut the engines down. The alarm rang as an unknown phenomenon shuts the engine down due to the malfunctioning at the engine control room. Ironically, some parts become damaged following the bird strike when the Frigate starts descending.