Chapter 66 - Battle of the Ardennes Forest

Author's Note:

If you want to support me as I continue to write, I opened Paypal for everyone to donate.

https://paypal.me/A054

Enjoy the chapter!

--

The Gra Valkas Empire, South Ardennes Battle Group, 22nd June 1527 / 228

The Gra Valkas Empire has lost at least two Divisions because of the Monsters appearing around the Ardennes Forest intentionally or coinciding. Some monsters were fleeing from Celestina soldiers as they were hunting monsters for food and materials, while others were attacking the Gra Valkas Imperial Army out of the blue.

"How long until we're made it out from the forest?"

"Be patient."

The Gra Valkas Empire's march has been slowed down by a week behind schedule, while the reinforcements from the Subjugation Army take another two months to arrive. If the Subjugation Army is with them, they will leave the monster extermination to them as the Imperial Army moves forward.

"We're almost out of the woods! I can see the exit!"

"Stay on guard, everyone! We may expect an ambush!"

The Commanding Officer of the invasion unit, Lieutenant General Osakyo Kato, continues to update their march. They were supposed to exit the forest and capture the Town of Ardennes a week ago. However, the appearance of the monsters and the invasion unit does not consider putting the Subjugation Army into the invasion unit causes the invasion to be delayed for at least one week than scheduled.

"These monsters are tougher than we could expect... We were even getting ourselves behind schedule!"

"Well, at least no wonder why Mu won't put any defenses inside this forest. If there weren't monsters, we may already break through their defenses and have Ardennes by ourselves."

"True that!"

The Celestina Empire, Battle Group Valkyrie

"White Knights in position."

"Red Valkyrie in position."

"Red Rabbit in position."

"Black Valkyrie in position."

"Blue Rabbit in position."

"Blue Stallion in position."

"Rookies are in position."

The Gra Valkas Empire Imperial Army slowly marches out from the forest, unaware that Celestina has already set up a trap for them. The 3rd Regiment, "Boudica Boys," is expecting the Gra Valkas Empire's arrival as they finish loading their guns and aim toward the forest exit. Battle Group Rookie Divisions are redeploying from Ardennes Beach to the forest, and they were stationed ten kilometers away from the Gra Valkas Empire's marching route.

The Eclipse Empire's Schutzstaffel Units are assigned to close the southern pathway, creating a pocket to trap the Gra Valkas Empire. Their orders are to close the pocket, capture those who surrender, and kill those who resist. The Main Council expects the operation to end in three days since the Gra Valkas Empire has established a six hundred kilometers line from the forefront to the rearrest part of the Army. Their march rate is slow, up to sixty kilometers daily, due to the appearance of the monsters inside the forest.

The Gra Valkas Empire Army forms a fifty kilometers wide battle line. General Walther Dietrich wants to deploy the second group of the attack, consisting of eight hundred thousand men, as soon as the first group captures Ardennes. After hearing the report of the monsters inside the Ardennes Forest, the Gra Valkas Empire dispatched three Subjugation Armies to suppress monster activities inside the Ardennes Forest. The reinforcements will arrive in two months as scheduled.