20. Trost

(Levi)

"Prepare the cannons." I said to Erwin who stood next to me.

"Yes sir." he nodded.

"Does everyone know the plan? " I quickly asked before he left.

"Aye, Hange went over it with the crew a few hours ago."

"Good." I nodded and with that he left to go to Mike.

I left the helm to Armin and went down the stairs to my cabin. The sun was down and soon we'd be attacking the city. I entered the room and saw my dove sitting on the chair of my desk, a knife was in her hands and she was playing with it.

"Planning to kill me with that thing? " I asked and sat on the chair in front of my desk.

"I don't have a death wish, if I kill you I'll be thrown in the sea." she looked at me.

"Could you do it?" I raised an eyebrow interested in her answer.

"I could, doesn't mean I will. I don't want to."

"Did you? When you first arrived? " I placed my head on my palm.

"I don't kill for my own gain, you said it yourself."

"That doesn't answer my question." she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't want to kill you, I wanted to get rid of you." she finally said and I nodded.

"Same thing."

"No it's not. " she shook her head. "Getting rid of you also meant getting off your ship. That's not something I want to do anymore."

"Why are you holding that knife then?"

"We'll be attacking trost today..." she looked at the desk. "It only seems right for me to have a weapon. And you still haven't told me what I'll be doing."

"You'll be staying in here and protect that pretty face of yours. As for a weapon, there is a sword in my closet, I've taught you a few moves, so use it if you need to but I doubt you will."

"Why? "

"Like I said, you'll be staying in here, I don't imagine we'll get attacked, we won't be staying for long. However, I won't be on the ship." that caught her attention.

"But you never leave the ship when you attack a city."

"True, but I have a business to attend to, I won't be long, I'll take my opportunity while everyone is distracted by the attack."

"What business? "

"It's nothing important, just something I have give to someone."

"Alright." she shrugged and looked back down again.

She is nervous, understandable. This is her first attack after all, a shame I can't be here to watch her reactions. But I have to give something to Nile, something Marry gave me and Erwin will be out there with the brats so I'm the only one left to do it. I'm not worried, it's merely an inconvenience, but this is the only time I'll find Nile when he is not out in the sea.

"The members of the crew that will stay on the ship include your friends, they will be down below deck so if you don't want to be alone go down to them." she nodded.

I don't know what to tell you, dove. You chose to come back, this is the ugly side. You'll have to accept it.

-

(Y/N)

"Run! Run for your lives! "

"Please, don't kill me! "