32. The Ackerman Clan.

(Third POV)

"Uri was never found, nor Kenny or anyone else were able to find him. With this development the second heir was to take the throne and so Kuchel was asked to leave the palace so Rod Reiss could train properly to take the throne. She left, a couple of years past since they saw each other. The king and queen were murdered while on a business trip and Rod had to take the throne sooner than expected. A year after his parents death he was to get married and Kuchel was invited to the wedding along with her brother and other members of the clan.

After the ceremony ended and the reception started the two of them found a chance to talk. "

"Kuchel." Rod walked up to the woman dressed in red out in the garden.

"Your majesty." she bowed once she saw him with a smile.

"Don't call me that. You can just use my name."

"That's not proper, your highness."

"Well... It's an order than. Use my name." her eyes widen and she chuckled.

"Unbelievable, you haven't changed a bit."

"And I see you still have your 'un-proper' side. Is that a way a lady should speak?" he lifted an eyebrow and she pushed her lips together, a heavy blush settling on her cheeks.

"My apologies, that was uncalled for." she looked down and Rod threw his head back as he laughed loudly.

"I'm only messing with you, Kuchel, after all, it was that side I always loved about you." her eyes shivered under the moonlight of the sky.

"Please... Don't speak to me this way... You just got married. " she looked to the side.

"My marriage is meaningless, nothing but a joke for political gain. I'd only seen her once before the wedding."

"Still, this couldn't be any more inappropriate... I should leave-" she took a step to the side but he quickly stopped her.

"Wait! " she stopped. "You misunderstand me... " he sighed, they both knew he was lying. He extended his hand for her. "Care to join me for a walk?" he smiled and her heart skipped a beat hearing the words that played in her mind every night.

Her body took control of her and she took his hand. The two didn't need to speak as they walked in comfortable silence, enjoying each others presence after going years without seeing one another. The two made it down to the beach, the wedding forgotten and far away from them.

The two stood behind a big rock that covered them from the world, a big tree had grown on top of its surface and green patterns were going down reaching the sand. Rod stood behind Kuchel as she watched out into the sea, his nose lost in her hair taking in her familiar smell, his arms hovering over her waist until he couldn't handle it anymore and wrapped her in his embrace.

"We shouldn't be here." Kuchel said and took a step forward getting away from him.

"I know..."

"I won't see you again after tonight, I think it's for the best."

"..." he looked down and took a step forward going up to her. "So be it. But if it's the last time, I want to remember you." she was curious as to what he meant.

But before a word left her mouth he had shut it with his. His kiss was intense and passionate. Unable to resist she kissed him back and the two fell on the sand for their last night of passion under the moonlight.

"After that night Kuchel left and wasn't planning to return to the palace again. However, a few months later it became obvious to everyone that she wasn't innocent, as her belly started growing bigger and bigger, she was pregnant and her parents insisted to know who the father was. She was seen as a disgrace in the clan and was cast out for getting pregnant outside of marriage. Kenny couldn't bear the thought of his little sister living on the streets, alone and with a child. Without anyone to care for her.