40. Mother

(Third POV)

The crew stood far away from the crowd, their heads covered in hoodies as they watched the new queen be crowned. Dressed in white and a red robe on her shoulders Historia kneeled in front of Darius and he placed the golden crown on her blonde hair. She stood up and placed a hand over her heart, the crowd came to life screaming in joy for their new queen.

"I guess that's that." Eren said and Armin nodded.

"I wonder how Ymir is doing... " Petra murmured next to them.

"I'm sure she's fine, " Miksasa shrugged. "Historia probably has the best doctors looking after her. "

"We should get back." Eren said. "The captain said to immediately go back when the ceremony is over." everyone nodded and turned around.

"Tch, I don't understand why we have to leave now so suddenly." Oluo crossed his arms. "We've been here for a week already."

"We stayed to repair the ship, not because we wanted to! " Petra hit his shoulder.

"Still, there's going to be a huge celebration lat-" Oluo bit his tongue.

"It's dangerous that we stayed here for so long, we shouldn't continue to push our luck." Armin said.

-

(Levi)

The strong wind hit my face as the moon was high up in the sky, it looked so different now compared to how it used to be. I'm still not used to the way I see things now, with my eye missing everything looks so different now.

Today is the first day I've been out of my room and I came straight up in the crows nest, a bottle of rum is in my hands and I'm just sitting here. I haven't seen anyone other than Hange and Eren and that's because they had to check up on my eye.

"Levi! " I heard Erwin yelling. "We're ready to leave! "

"Aye! " I yelled back and a few seconds later the ship started moving.

Both Zeke's are off my ship, the blonde went with Historia back to the palace. As an apology from the crown for years of torture she will give him shelter from Marley since he is still wanted by them and the monkey went with him. Which made me very happy. Other than that I don't remember much from this week, I was sleeping because of the drugs Hange gave me most of the time.

I haven't seen my dove since that day, I think she was coming in the room to sleep since I could feel someone messing with my hair in my sleep, but I haven't actually seen her. But she is fine, Hange told me.

My instincts told me there was someone next to me and sat up, I saw hair coming up and my eye widen seeing my dove trying to clime in the crows nest.

"What are you doing up here? " I placed down the bottle and helped her get in, she was pale and was breathing heavily. "You are scared of coming up here and you came alone? " she sat in front of me.

"Connie helped me." she took a deep breath and smiled looking at me. "You look like a proper pirate now, with the eye patch and all. "

"Tch. " I grabbed my rum and she sat herself between my legs. "I'd rather have my eye. "

"Are you mad at Kenny? " she put her head on my shoulder.

"No, " I shook my head. "I don't care enough to be mad. Is he on the ship or did he leave? "

"He's still on the ship. And so is your mom." my breath got stuck in my throat.

"Right."

"Do you want to see her? "