28. Flustered

(Y/N)

I watched as the crew took the prisoners out. The girl was tossing and yelling in Eren's arms and the boy was quiet. The adults were unconscious. I don't know where they will leave them but I can't bring myself to care either. Levi was standing next to me talking to Erwin about the jobs everyone would have to do. He said that it would take a few weeks for the ship to be repaired from the damages.

"Dove." I turned around. "Let's go. " he seems way more tired than usual.

I followed behind him in the middle of the night, apparently he send a message to Farlan and Isabel with a crow that was on the ship letting them know we are coming and prepare the rooms. He will see them in the morning because now he only wants to go and rest. Eventually we made it to the tavern in silence and went around it to go up to the rooms. Once inside he locked the door behind us and fell on the bed.

"Levi? " I sat next to him.

"What? "

"... Are you okay? "

"Honestly, no." he sat up and started taking his shoes off. "I'm tired and frustrated, so don't annoy me." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Why are you frustrated? "

"Many reasons, I'm frustrated with the king, with the prisoners but at least their gone now, with you, with my ship being shit. A lot of things."

"Why are you frustrated with me? "

"You know why." he glared at me from the side of his eyes. "You keep acting weird, you keep hiding stuff from me and I don't like that. I think I made it clear. " you have.

"What can I do?"

"You can tell me what I want to know."

"No. " I stood up to go to the balcony but stopped. "I really don't want to have another argument about this, can you just drop it? " I clenched my fists. I really don't want to fight with him.

He rubbed his temples and lowered his head.

"Yeah, sure. " he shook his head. "I don't know what's wrong with me lately." I too took off my shoes and got on the bed behind him.

"I think I know." in all honesty, 'frustration', what could be his problem? He is a man after all.  I placed my hands on his shoulders. "Why don't you let me help you relax a bit? "

"No." immediately he stood up.

Levi refusing sex? That's new.

"Levi, it's been a while since we last did anything, I'm sure that this has a bigger effect on your mood than you realize."

"Maybe, but still I don't want to." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why? "

"You are still recovering, I don't want to hurt you."

"Levi, I'm fine. I don't hurt anymore." I extended my hand to him. "It'll be fine. We don't have to do anything extreme but I'm really fine." I smiled and he hesitantly took my hand, coming onto the bed in front of me.

I kissed him and felt his lips pressing back returning it. It feels like forever since I last kissed him for some reason even though it's been only a few hours. I can definitely feel that things are different between us right now, I told him that he is in love with me without thinking. Thinking back to it, that was stupid on my end, to declare something so important on his behalf. But still, he didn't refuse, instead his behavior changed in a way that mostly confirmed that statement. I wouldn't say my feelings for him are strong as his are for me. But I feel more about him than I did for anyone else before, and that feeling is making my heart race.