30. Beginning Of The End

(Levi)

"Again. " she glared at me and stood up.

"Can't you go easy on me? "

"Your enemy won't. But you are improving. " she held her sword up and launched forward.

Truth be told she is doing really well. She has learned a lot in such short amount of time. But I'm not telling her this because I don't want her to start slacking off thinking she is good enough with a sword to not need to practice anymore. Once I feel confident enough that she can defend herself against Yelena if she comes again, then I'll tell her.

I blocked a few of her attacks and found myself surprised that I had to actively defended myself against her. Who knew that she would be a natural at handling a sword. Still, I easily disarmed her and she quickly kissed me. I was caught by surprise and she took that opportunity to take both swords away. One of them was held up to my throat and she smiled.

"I win." she said out of breath.

"Yeah, you did. Are you also planning to kiss Yelena if she comes again? Or any other enemy? " I crossed my arms.

"Maybe. If it is a life or death situation, don't be jealous."

"Tch, I don't get jealous."

"Oh really? " she gave me back my sword.

"Yes, really. " I rolled my eyes. "Let's go down and eat, it's about that time and whatever Isabel is cooking it's killing my nose." we placed the swords by the door and went outside to go in the tavern.

There a few tables were occupied by the brats from my ship and they all had plates in front of them eating. I saw Farlan and Isabel sitting at a table with four plates waiting for us to start eating. Me and the dove walked up to the table and sat down in front of them.

"Finally, you found the way." Farlan said.

"We never lost it. We are on time." I looked at him.

"No you are not, you are five minutes late."

"You gave me a fifteen minute window."

"Come on guys, don't start arguing." Isabel said and grabbed the salad. "Let's eat now, we'll talk later. " and we did just that.

We spend a few minutes picking food from the table and eating. The food here tastes so much better than the one on my ship, mostly because the ingredients are not as fresh and not because our cook is bad. If anything he is exceptional. Once we were done (Y/N) spoke, which I'll admit I wasn't expecting.

"You guys are really close." she smiled.

"Oh yeah! " Isabel said. "We are like family, isn't that right Levi bro? "

"Tch." I crossed my arms.

"How did you guys meet? "

"He saved us from the gallows." Farlan leaned back.

"What? "

"We originally lived in the underground, it was a place similar to this town but it completely got overtaken by the royal guards seven years ago. " Farlan continued. "Because the king didn't have any benefit from it, unlike this place. We were prisoners of a pirate and that's when the guards attacked. We were caught and arrested."

"No one would listen to us when we told them we were not pirates, so we were send to the gallows along with everyone else that got caught in the attack." Isabel cut Farlan off. "We were standing on the line waiting for our turn. But then cannons went off killing hundreds in an instant. "

"Levi decided to crush their public ceremony, that's how he also gained his fame. He killed a lot of important figures that were there for the hanging. "