60s Dance

Athena's POV

So the Salvatore boarding house was signed over to Elena. So now only she can invite vampire's in. Her biological mother died. And Katherine's gone, hopefully for good. Anyway tonight is the night of the 60s decade dance. I wasn't going to go, but the band was the one who played at the grill. They asked me to sing a few songs tonight. So I'm going.

School was boring. Until Klaus compelled someone to ask Elena to save him a dance at the dance. So we are at the Salvatore Boarding House waiting for Ric. "So are you going to change the name?" I ask Elena.

"What name?" she asks me.

"Of the house, is it going to be the Gilbert Boarding House now?" I ask her.

"No, it's still their house" she tells me. Just then Ric arrives and apologizes for being late.

"Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move" Damon tells him.

"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asks.

"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him" Bonnie states.

"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around" Alaric says.

"Honestly Ric, he's not the big bad wolf" I tell him.

"Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he..." Damon says. He rushes at Bonnie but she throws him on the other side of the room with her powers, without touching him. I laugh.

"Do that again and send him through a wall" I tell her. As Stefan says he's impressed.

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can" Bonnie tells her.

"Great, well I have to go get ready. I have to arrive early yo see the band" I tell them. "Damon don't do anything stupid" I add before leaving. I go home and got ready for the dance. I arrived and spoke to the band. Before going onto the dance floor to have fun before I have to go on stage. I notice Alaric dancing through the crowd and go over to him. (https://media.giphy.com/media/2gcO1mFJPBiNUlaDR9/giphy.gif ) "Smooth moves" I tell him.

"Thanks" he says.

"Are the others here yet?" I ask him.

"No" he says.

"Well I have to go on stage, see you later" I tell him. I go to the stage and get onto it. "Hello everyone, how great is the band?" I ask and they cheer. "To those who don't know me, I'm Athena Lockwood. I'll be singing Respect by Aretha Franklin" I state. The band starts and I sing. As I sing I see the others arrive. Jeremy is dragged onto the dance floor by Bonnie and Elena joins the with Stefan. While Damon went to speak to Alaric.

When the song ends Dana comes onto stage and tells us a new song. She then announces it's a dedication to Elena from Klaus. I sang it anyway. Before hoping off of the stage. I go over to Caroline and Matt. "Jackie O, looking fabulous" I tell her.

"You look great too" she tells me.

"I didn't know you were so good at singing" Matt states.

"This is my first time singing in public since the Grill" I tell him. "It was fun" I state. "Lets dance" I tell them. We go onto the dance floor and dance. After awhile we get thirsty and we got drinks. When a frantic Elena appears. "What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Um...Yeah. I'm just...I'm looking for Stefan" she states.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Care asks her.

"Uh, just, um, just stay with Matt, okay?" Elena tells her.

"I'll take her to Stefan, you both have fun" I tell Care and Matt. I spot Stefan and grab Elena's hand. I lead her over to him. "Now spell" I tell her.

"Klaus is it Ric's body. Bonnie and Damon are facing him now. We have to go to them" she states. Stefan and I nod our heads in agreement. She leads us towards the cafeteria and we run into Damon. "What are you doing? Where's Bonnie?" she asks him.

"She's doing what she has to do" he states.

"What?" Elena asks him.

"Isn't Klaus in Ric's body? How can she kill him without killing Ric?" I ask him.

"Where is she?" Stefan asks Damon.

"Stefan, let her do this" Damon tells him.

"Damn it, Damon, where is she?!" Stefan demands. He and Elena run off.

"Why are they so upset? Don't they want Klaus dead?" I ask Damon. "You didn't answer my question about Ric" I add.

"Go find Jeremy and meet me in the car park. I'll explain everything" he tells me. I sigh in defeat and go search for Jeremy. I find him and we go to the parking lot.

"Hey Damon. Where's Elena, where's Bonnie?!" Jer asks him.

"We need to have a little talk" Damon states. We get into his car and he drives us to the old witch house. While he explains everything. We left Bonnie with Jeremy and Damon drives me home.

"Well Bonnie's not going to kill herself to kill Klaus. We'll find another way" I state. "Thanks for the lift, good night" I tell him and go inside.

"Did you have fun?" mum asks me.

"It was enjoyable" I tell her. "But I'm really tired" I state. I kiss her cheek wishing her a good night. Before going to my room and change into my pjs. I remove my make up and do my teeth. Before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Athena's outfit and picture on the external Damon dancing with Elena.