Getting Tyler Help

Athena's POV

Ok, so I got fed up with Tyler being a slave to the sire bond. So I went to get some help from my least favourite person Bill Forbes. While I was away Tyler bit Care on her birthday. But Klaus cured her.

Anyway Bill agreed with me on how to break the sire bond. But it'll be hard watching my brother go through pain. However, it's necessary. Tyler meet up with us and we went to Caroline's house. I knock and Care answers.

"Athena" she says with a smile. Then sees Tyler and frowns. "What's he doing here?" she asks me.

"Before that, happy late birthday" I say handing her a gift. She accepts it with a small smile. "Now Tyler came to apologize" I tell her.

"Apologize?! He bit me. I could've died. I think we're way past apologies" she tells us.

"That's the problem. Klaus told me to do it and I said no. And then...just happened anyway. Like, it was completely out of my control. That's why Athena went to get him" Tyler tells her and Bill steps into her line of vision.

"Daddy?" she says shocked and confused.

"Hi, Caroline" he says with a small smile.

"I thought, since he can resist compulsion, maybe he could teach me to resist the sire bound" Tyler tells her.

"I already had a theory on how to break it and talked it over with Bill. He agrees" I state. "Offered to help" I adds shrugging.

"Can you help him?" Care asks her father.

"I'm gonna try, with Athena's help" he states.

"Why?" Care asks him.

"Because he made a mistake and now he wants to make good. And I understand that" Bill tells her. "So where are we doing this?" he asks me.

"Old Lockwood cellar" I tell him.

"I'm coming to" Care states.

"It's to dangerous for you Caroline" I tell her.

"I'm going and you can't stop me" she tells me.

"Fine, but you stay beside me at all times" I tell her and she nods her head. She agrees. We got everything we needed and headed for the ruins. Where I chained Tyler up. While Bill and Care watched.

"How do you know, this is gonna work?" Care asks me.

"That's a process. It took decades, to train myself to resist compulsion. Brain's like a muscle. The more you use it, the more it can do. A sire bond, at its core, is about one thing...gratitude. If you believe you owe Klaus your life, ask yourself why" he tells Tyler.

"I was cursed. Every full moon I had to change into a wolf. It was torture. Klaus took that away" Tyler answers.

"He freed you from your pain and now you feel indebted to him. To break the sire bound you gotta make yourself turn. Own your pain then you'll owe Klaus nothing and you will be free" Bill tells him.

"It's why he hasn't turned me, I feel no pain when I shift. So I'd feel no gratitude. You and the other werewolves treated it like a curse. Instead of embracing it, like I did and seeing it as freedom. But we are gonna change that starting now" I tell Tyler.

"But how can he turn? It's not a full moon" Care states.

"Did you forget he's a hybrid now?" I ask her.

"He doesn't need one. You're a hybrid now, right? I mean, you can turn at will now, am I right?" Bill asks him.

"Yeah, but I don't know how to just start" Tyler tells us.

"Try picturing yourself as a wolf" I tell him.

"You're making excuses" Bill says annoyed.

"You don't understand! When I turn, I break every bone in my body" Tyler tells him.

"So do I and do you see me complaining?" I ask him.

"This is the only way. How badly do you want your freedom?" Bill asks him. Tyler considers this and looks at Caroline. He nods slightly agreeing. Tyler walks back near the wall, tugs at his chains, then concentrates. Suddenly he starts to transform.

(Time skip)

Been here an hour or so. Tyler still hasn't transformed. He's resisting it, because of the pain its putting him in. "You need to embrace it Tyler, stop treating it like a curse" I tell him.

"I can't. I can't" he says.

"Try harder" Bill tells him.

"Can't he just rest for one second?" Care asks us.

"He needs to break the bond Care, sooner rather then later" I tell her.

"We're dong this my way, Caroline. If you can't handle it, you should go" Bill tells her.

"You forget Bill, I'm in charge. You are only helping" I state.

"He's right, Caroline. Just go" Tyler tells her. "You to Athena, I can hear your stomach growling" he adds. Caroline protests. "Go, Caroline!" he growls flashing his hybrid eyes.

Care leaves. "Ok, I'm gonna go grab a bite to eat. Do you guys want anything?" I ask them.

"Nothing for me" Bill tells me.

"Burger and fries" Tyler says groaning in pain.

"Ok, don't get to close to him while I'm gone Bill" I tell him. Before leaving. I go to the grill and get the food. Before returning to cellar.

"These chains aren't strong enough. You need to leave. Run!" I hear Tyler shouts. I drop the food and rush downstairs. I see Tyler break free of the chains and Bill running for the door. Tyler tackles Bill and I snarl. I tackle Tyler away from Bill.

"Tyler, stop now!" I snap and he stops moving. "Bill lock the door and leave" I order and he does so. Slowly in pain. I call Care and have her take her father to the hospital. "God damn it Tyler, control your wolf" I tell him annoyed and he whines. "I can control mine, you can too. Discipline your mind" I tell him firmly.

(Time skip)

Tyler is human again and he goes to check on Bill in the hospital. While I told Care what happened. She doesn't blame Tyler or me. She said her father was going to be fine. I then go home and call it a night.