Telling Mum the Truth

Athena's POV

I wake up before dawn and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got ready for the day and headed downstairs. I go to the kitchen to see mum eating breakfast. "You're up early" I say.

"Yeah, had a rough week. What's you're excuse?" she asks me as she makes herself a cup of coffee. I smell vervain in it.

"Couldn't sleep, so thought I'd go for an early work out. Before meeting Tyler and Care at the grill later" I tell her. I grab an apple.

"Do you want some coffee? It's hot" she tells me.

"No thanks mum, water is better for a work out" I tell her. "Tell Tyler I'll meet him later when he wakes up" I state.

"Of course honey, take care and be careful" she tells me.

"I will be" I assure her. I kiss her cheek and leave eating my apple. I walk into the woods and head for the waterhole. When I arrive I put the apple core in the bin. And decide to go for a swim. As there was no one around. I take off all of my clothes and dive into the water. I practice my strokes and holding my breath. Did a lap of the lake. When I returned to the shore, the sun had finally risen.

I get dressed and jog to the grill to meet Tyler. I arrive and join Tyler at his table. "Where were you this morning?" he asks me.

"Decided to go for a workout and ended up swimming in the waterhole" I tell him.

"Did you see Caroline at the house this morning?" he asks me.

"No, why?" I ask him.

"She spent the night and mum said she tried to sneak out" he states.

"You and Caroline?" I ask him. He nods his head sheepishly. "About time" I tell him. "The sexual between you two was suffocating" I tell him. "Are you going to ask her out?" I ask him curious.

"I don't know, I haven't spoken to her yet" he states.

"Hey, guys can I talk to you?" Elena asks as she joins us. "It's about Stefan" she states.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask her as she sits opposite us.

"Do you know any werewolves that don't chain themselves up?" she asks us.

"A lot of us like to keep to ourselves for the full moon, chain ourselves up. Even those in packs" Tyler tells her.

"But there are some werewolves that like to gather in places were they don't have to do that, where they can enjoy it" I state. "It always felt amazing running through the woods free" I tell her.

"What kinds of places?" she asks curious.

"Mountains, state parks, deserts, that kind of stuff" Tyler tells her.

"Places where they won't run into humans" I state.

"Anywhere in Tennessee?" she asks.

"Yeah. Here. Give me your phone. I'll try to pull up a map" Tyler tells her. She hands him her phone.

"Thanks for this. I know it's asking a lot" she tells us.

"As Caroline likes to remind me, Stefan's in this mess because I bit Damon. I figure I owe you one" Tyler tells her.

"By the way, have you spoken to Caroline today?" I ask Elena.

"No, why?" she asks.

"Just curious. Here" Tyler says before I can answer giving her back her phone. "That's your best bet" he states. She thanks us and goes over to Alaric.