Jenna's BBQ

Athena's POV

Uncle Mason and I have been invited to a BBQ at the Gilbert house. Him by his old school friend Jenna Sommers, Elena's aunt. I was invited by Elena. She said Caroline would also be there. We're about to leave when Tyler appears. "Hey Athena, Mason, got a second?" he asks us.

"No, man, barbecue at Jenna Sommers' house" Mason tells him.

"Which we were both invited too, so we can catch up with our friends" I tell him smiling.

"Come on guys; give me two minutes, alright? You both can't keep dodging me. I'm freaking out over here" he tells us.

"Tyler, what do you want us to say bro? Yes, we turned into wolves. No, it's not gonna happen to you" I assure him.

"How do you know that?" he asks me.

"Because you're not gonna trigger the curse. Our dad didn't know anything about any of this neither did we until it happened to us" I tell him.

"How does it get triggered?" he asks us. I look at Mason.

"Ignorance is bliss, trust me" he tells Tyler.

"You both blow back into town with some supernatural family secret and you expect me not to ask questions?" Tyler asks us.

"We can't say anything more, I'm sorry, Tyler" I tell him.

"It's just better for you if we don't" Mason adds.

"You ever find that moon stone?" Tyler asks him.

"Do you know where it is?" I ask him.

"What's so special about it?" he asks us.

"I told you, it was my mom's. It's sentimental. Look, just don't worry about it. Forget I even brought it up, alright? See you later" Mason says and we leave.

"Why do you care about that stupid rock?" I ask him as he drives us to the Gilbert house.

"I'll tell you once we have it" he tells me. I drop the subject and the rest of the ride is quiet. We knock and are invited in by Jenna.

"Wow, look at how much you've grown" she says and hugs me.

"Nice to see you Jenna, thanks for the invite" I tell her smiling.

"Technically Elena invited you and I invited Mason" she tells me. "Speaking of, we are having trouble finding the shot glasses" she tells Mason.

"I shall go look for them" he tells her. Caroline arrives and Jenna invites her in. I take her upstairs for a private talk.

"I'm sorry about my uncle the other night, are you ok?" I ask her concerned.

"You were the brown wolf" she says.

"Yes, don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you, your my best friend" I tell her smiling. She hugs me saying thank you. We then go downstairs to rejoin the party. I go to the kitchen to get a drink and see Mason alone with two guys. "Hey, where's Jenna?" I ask as I grab a bottle of water.

"She left when Damon arrive" Mason tells me. "Athena these are Damon Salvatore and Alaric Saltzman" he tells me.

"Pleasure, Athena Lockwood" I say smiling.

"Goddess of war, is that how you beat your uncle in an arm wrestle?" Damon asks me.

"Maybe" I tell him smirking. "Anyway is the food nearly ready?" I ask them.

"Yes" Alaric says.

"I'll go tell the girls" I declare smiling. I go outside where Elena and Caroline are talking. "Hey! Food's ready, come get it" I tell them.