Final Chapter

Athena's POV

So it's been a little over a month since my mistake with Klaus. My hair has gotten longer. I've been nauseous. Hayley thought she finally had a hint at where she can find her family. After we went to our bar in New Orleans for some gumbo. And Jane-anne the bartender gave her a map to a spot in the Bayou. We followed it and the car broke down.

I cursed and we examine the map. It ignites and Hayley tosses it out of the window. "Something doesn't feel right about this" I tell her as we get out of the car. "I'll check the engine, you call a tow service" I state. She nods her head and takes out her phone.

"Hey, I'm looking for a tow service?" she asks on the phone. As I bumped the boot. Suddenly an ear piercing noise comes from her phone. Hayley throws it on the ground as we covered our ears. I spot shadowy figures heading our way.

"We got to run" I groan. Hayley passes out. "Hayley!" I shout and go run to her. But my world to goes dark.

(Time skip)

So it was witches and they've been holding us hostage in a graveyard. Apparently we're pregnant with Klaus' babies. Which makes me sick just thinking about it. Hayley was beyond confused on how a vampire, even a hybrid could impregnate someone. I've been to busy freaking out to tell her Klaus' story.

Today the witches brought us out of the tomb that had been our prison. We see Elijah. He looks at us shocked. Well mainly me. "Who the hell are you?" Hayley asks.

"That Hayley is Elijah, the noble original. Klaus' older brother" I tell her. He looks at us intently.

"Give us a moment please" he tells the witches. They do so. "I'm surprised to find out you're involved Athena" he states.

"Trust me, not my fault. Had a little to much to drink" I tell him. "Look I haven't explained Klaus' history to Hayley. Please do so while I try not to vomit" I state and go sit down.

"She's been like that since she found out" Hayley tells him. "She hates your brother a lot and the thought that she's carrying one of his babies. Makes her sick" she states.

"Hayley, sip it" I tell her annoyed as I lay down looking up a the night sky.

"So have they been holding you both here against your will?" Elijah asks up.

"Yep" I say.

"They lured us out to the bayou and grabbed us. Been here ever since, while they did their witchy tests" Hayley states. "Not that I understand how this could happen. Vampires are dead, they can't have children" she states.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible" Elijah tells her. He sits beside her. He tells her the story, showing her some flashes of it.

"Your dad was a dick" Hayley tells him when he finished the story. Elijah and I snort in amusement as I sit up. "I'm Hayley by the way, if you didn't catch it earlier" she tells him offering him her hand. He shakes it. "You should probably know my name, if you're gonna tell me your whole life story" she states.

"He's been around for a thousand years, that's just the tip of the ice berg" I tell her. "Though at least he isn't a psychopath like Klaus" I add.

"Who we slept with, classic me" she states.

"I cannot excuse his behaviour" Elijah tells us. "But you both must understand, that our father hunted him. Hunted us, for centuries. Every time we found a moment of happiness, we were forced to flee. Even here in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all" he explains. "Not long after Niklaus broke the spell, that prevent him from becoming a hybrid. He defeated our father" he states. "I thought this would make him happy, he was angrier then ever" he tells us. "I wonder if perhaps these babies, might be a way for my brother to find happiness" he states.

"I don't wish him happiness Elijah, nor do I want harm to come to my baby. I wish to go home" I tell him.

"Your's and Hayley's baby could be a way to save him from himself" he tells me. Just then Sophie rejoins us.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help" she tells him.

"What, precisely, is it that you want and what does it have to do with these young women?" Elijah asks her.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him, and he won't see the betrayal coming"  she states.

"Yes, well, as I'm sure you're aware, my brother Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do" Elijah tells her.

"Understatement" I state as I cross my arms.

"That's why I brought you here. Marcel drove the werewolves out of town decades ago. Do you really think he's going to welcome one hybrid baby to the neighborhood? Let alone two? Convince Klaus to help us, and no one has to know about the newest members of the Original family" Sophie tells him.

"That sounds remarkably like blackmail" he states.

"Like I said, I'm desperate" she tells him.

"Well, then, I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" he asks. Then left. He returned not long after with Klaus. Who was told about the babies.

"No. It's impossible" Klaus states.

"I said the same thing myself" Elijah tells him.

"This is a lie. You are all lying. Vampires cannot procreate" Klaus accuses the witches.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind. And these pregnancies are one of nature's loopholes" Sophie explains.

"You both have been with someone else, admit it!" Klaus shouts at Hayley and I.

"Hey, we've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that we're carrying some magical miracle babies. Don't you think we would've fessed up if they weren't yours?" Hayley demands.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancies. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of these girls and their babies are now controlled by us. We can keep them save. Or we can kill them. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, they won't live long enough to see their first maternity dresses" Sophie threatens.

"Wait, what?" Hayley demands as I growl glaring at the witches.

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself" Elijah tells the witches.

"Better yet, let me bite the ass-hole so that I can go home" I state.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules" Sophie tells us.

"How dare you command me, threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear any more lies" Klaus states.

"For fucks sake Klaus, listen!" I order him. He pauses listening intently. He looks at Hayley & I, then at his brother and the witches.

"Kill them and the babies, what do I care?" he asks before leaving.

"Screw this, I'm out of here. Lets go Athena" Hayley tells me. The witches block out path.

"No one touches the girls" Elijah tells them. "I'll fix this" he assures us before going after Klaus. He returned alone and we discover Sophie is linked to Hayley & I. She dies, we die and vice versa. Sophie gave him until midnight to change Klaus' mind.

He returned alone again. But had Jane-anne's body. "For now, accept the deal. The girl and the child remain unharmed, or Klaus will kill you all" he tells them. "And I will help him" he adds before leaving.

The next morning he returned with the news that Klaus had agreed to the deal. The witches released us to him and he took us to a mansion. Hayley went to explore. While I found the closest bedroom and claimed it. Before falling asleep on the queen sized bed. Wishing this was all a bad dream.

The End of Athena Lockwood: Part One. See you all next time in Athena Lockwood: Part Two.

A/N

Picture above of Athena and Hayley.