Chili and Necklace

Athena's POV

"I don't get why we're making chili, everyone makes chili" I tell mum.

"It's an old family recipe" she reminds me. "When I die, you can make whatever you want for pot luck" she tells me.

"I hope that won't be for many years mum" I tell her smiling. She smiles back and I look at the time cursing. "I have to meet Caroline and Bonnie. We're going to Elena's, will you be fine?" I ask her.

"I got it from here" she assures me. I kiss her cheek before leaving. I ride on my back to Elena's. To see Caroline arrive with Bonnie. I hug Bonnie tightly and she returns it. We all go to the front door and I knock. Elena answers it.

"We come bearing gifts" Care tells her holding a pot of food.

"Please say that's not chili" Elena pleads. But Care and I step aside to reveal Bonnie. "Bonnie!" she squeals and hugs her tightly.

"I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for the three of you" Bonnie states once they pull away. I share a look with Care and Elena. As Jeremy enters the room.

"Bonnie!" he shouts happily.

"Jeremy" she says smiling brightly. She rushes over to him and they kiss and embrace each other. Afterwards us girls go to the kitchen to help Elena put her chili into a serving pot. "The problem with my dad's normal side of the family is normal made for a really boring summer" she tells us.

"After the last few days, I would kill for a normal family" Care tells her.

"Not me, though I wish there was less drama in our lives" I tell them.

"Since when did you learn how to cook?" Care asks Elena as she helps her put the chili into a serving pot.

"Damon helped a little" Elena tells us.

"Damon can cook?" I ask her surprised.

"Damon's helping you cook now?" Bonnie asks.

"All of you stop judging. He's just trying to be a good...ow!" Elena exclaims.

"Ahh! Did I splash you?" Care asks putting the pot of chili down.

"No, no, my necklace" Elena tells us. She pulls the pendant of the necklace off her skin. Her skin has a burn mark where the pendant touched her skin. "It burned me" she states.

"That's not normal" I tell her. She removes the necklace and holds it by the chain.

"Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be wearing it" Care tells her.

"Caroline..." Bonnie and I say.

"What, I'm just saying. If you're going to be cooking without Stefan" Care says.

"Let me see it" Bonnie tells Elena. She holds it out while Bonnie looks at the pendant. Bonnie looks at the necklace and touches it but there's a zap and sparks fly out of it. Elena drops it. Bonnie and Elena look at each other. Elena seems shocked.

"What now?" I ask them.

"I'll go get my grimoire and meet you all at your house" Bonnie states.

"We'll be there" Elena assures her. Bonnie left. Care and I helped Elena finish putting her chili into the serving pot. We then went to my house. I left them alone going to drop off Elena and Care's dishes for the pot luck. When I reached the table I see the Fell's had also done chili and sigh. I place Elena's by my families chili and put her name plate down. I put Care's creamy potatoes by hers.

I go join the others to see Bonnie had arrived. The necklace was floating in front of her. "Bonnie, we're in public" I tell her in a whisper.

"I'm not doing anything. It has its own magic" she states. It stops levitating. "I have to look through more grimoires about this. Can I borrow the necklace Elena?" she asks. Elena nods her head and Bonnie left with it.