After School Special

Athena's POV

It's been five and half weeks since Klaus killed his hybrids. But he didn't only kill them. He also killed mine and Tyler's mother. And it's all my fault. I told Hayley and she told me not to blame myself. Though I had to postpone meeting up with her and she completely understands.

Anyway, it's time for mum's memorial. It's being held at the school, during the school time. We students are lighting candles in glass cups as part of the service. Liz is speaking at a podium in front of the stand. Leading the service.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident" she states.

"Screw this" Tyler says.

"What? Tyler?" Care asks. Tyler stands up and leaves the gym. I sigh and go after him.

I find him by locker 42. "You ok Ty?" I ask him

"You're seriously asking me that?" he asks me.

"You're right, we should drink" I state. He looks at me confused. "I know more about this school then you, like locker forty two" I tell him. I slam my fist on the locker once and it springs open. I pull out a bottle of liquor.

"There is hidden alcohol around the school?" he asks shocked as I took a swig from the bottle.

"Yep" I say handing him the bottle and he takes a swig. Before handing me the bottle. "I know this is a bad time Tyler, but we need to think about leaving" I tell him.

"What?" he asks me shocked.

"Do you think Klaus just stopped after killing mum? No, he'll be after us next" I tell him.

"So what? We run?" he asks.

"Yes, for our safeties and the safety of those we love" I tell him.

"I can't just leave again without saying goodbye" he tells me.

"Then say goodbye, I'm going home to pack" I tell him. I put the bottle back and shut the locker. "I'm sorry Ty, but it's for the best" I state.

"Where will we go?" he asks me.

"Anywhere you want, but we may have to split up at first for safety" I tell him.

"No, I'm not losing you too" he snaps.

"Not right away, but Klaus would be looking for us together. He wouldn't expect us to split up" I tell him. "I don't like it either, but it'd keep us safe" I state.

"We'll discuss it later" he tells me before leaving. I sighed and go home. I pack light. My phone rings and I answer it.

"Athena, how are you? How was the memorial?" Hayley asks me.

"Liz said some nice words, though I didn't see all of it. Tyler stormed out during the service and I followed him" I tell her. "We're leaving town tonight before Klaus can seek revenge on us" I state.

"I'm surprised he hasn't come after you guys yet" she tells me.

"Same" I tell her. "Where are you?" I ask her curious.

"Seabrook, New Orleans. I've made a friend who says she'd help me and we've teamed up" she states.

"Is she trust worthy?" I ask her.

"She's a vampire" she states.

"I'd be wary if I were you" I tell her.

"Don't worry, I can handle a lone vampire. Besides you'll join me soon right?" she asks.

"Yes" I tell her.

"Do you think Tyler will forgive me?" she asks.

"Anything is possible" I tell her. "I'll talk to you later" I add and we said our goodbyes. I then went to shower and change clothes. As I got dress I sense something wrong with Tyler. So I tracked him to the school. I found him in front of mum's memorial naked, like he had just shifted back from a wolf. He was crying. "Oh Ty" I say and place my jacket over his never region as Care joins us.

"Tyler!" she shouts dropping a blunt object and runs over to us. She grabs the tablecloth from the table and wraps it around his bare body. Tyler is in pain, and Caroline holds him in her arms. I give her a grateful smile.

"I'm so sorry" he tells her.

"What? No, it's not your fault" Care tells him.

"Yes, it was. This whole thing...it's all my fault" he states.

"No" Care tells him as he cries. He's looking at a photo of our mom on the table.

"I should have saved her" he tells us. We all cry as I hug them close. When we stopped Tyler said good bye to Care. We went home and he packed. We then left Mystic Falls together.

A/N

Picture above of Carol's memorial.