New Deal

Athena's POV

Jeremy shoots a can with a crossbow. "Nice shoot" Tyler praises.

"So what's the point of this again?" Jeremy asks.

"The point is I'm pissed at Caroline and Bonnie dumped your ass. The point is to get drunk and shoot stuff" Tyler tells him.

"Profound. Alaric finds out I took this he is gonna use it on me" Jeremy tells him.

"Yet you dragged me along and won't let me shoot" I state pouting.

"This is a man sport little sister" Tyler tells me.

"I'm alpha" I remind him. "I was shooting cans while you were bust scoring touch downs" I state. Jeremy reloads the crossbow and offers it to me. "Thank you" I say as I take it and make sure it's loaded right.

"So what's the deal with that? He is like your guardian now?" Tyler asks Jeremy. Referring to Alaric.

"Sort of, yeah. I think he feels responsible for us" Jeremy states as he grabs a beer.

"Do you like him?" Tyler asks him as he places an empty can down.

"Yeah. Yeah-I like him" Jeremy tells him. As I aim the bow at the can. "You wanna move out of the way?" he asks him. Tyler and I chuckle.

"I'm a hybrid, Gilbert. You can't kill me unless you cut off my head or rip out my heart" Tyler tells him. "My sister is not gonna do it with that lame ass crossbow! Go ahead!! Take a shot! Unless you don't think you can hit me" he tells me. I shrug and fire. He catches it. "See, she didn't even hesitate" he states.

"Because I know it wouldn't kill you, even if it hit you in the heart" I state. "Besides, even I can catch an arrow" I add. "I'm bored now" I state handing the crossbow back to Jeremy.

"Why don't we go to the grill? We're out of drinks and I can hear your stomach from here" Tyler suggests glancing at me. I just roll my eyes at him.

"Sounds good, I just need to grab something from home first" Jeremy tells us.

"Ok, you both go do that and I'll get us a table at the grill" I tell them. They agree and we go our separate ways. I go to the grill and get a text from Elena about Klaus still being in town. Then another from Tyler saying he and Jeremy were eating with Elena & Alaric. So I decide to go find out why Klaus is still in town.

I track to scents of hybrids to a mansion under renovation. "Name and business?" a girl asks.

"Athena Lockwood, I wish to talk to Klaus" I tell her.

"Ah your the alpha of this town, I'm Mindy and Klaus is out right now. I can call him" she tells me.

"Please do" I tell her and she takes out a phone. She hits her speed dial and the phone rings.

"What is it Mindy?" I hear Klaus ask.

"You told me to call if the werewolf alpha turns up and she's standing right in front of me. She wants to talk to you" she states.

"Very well, I shall be there shortly. Keep her entertained until I arrive" he tells her. He hangs up and Mindy invites me in.

"So your moving here?" I ask Mindy not happy.

"Yes, that was the plan" she states. "You know I'm surprised Klaus hasn't turned you, he seems to turn every wolf he meets. He did turn your brother" she states.

"For which I snapped his neck and bite his sister" I tell her smugly. "He maybe the original hybrid, but he knows I don't fear him" I state. "Hello Klaus" I say as he appears.

"Compel the men to open up this wall. We need sun. I want a fortress not a dungeon" he tells Mindy. Who nods her head before leaving. "Athena, I wondered when you'd pay me a visit" he states.

"I agreed you could come to town to retrieve your sister. Not move here" I tell him.

"Yes, Rebekah seems to be missing" he tells me. "Now me being won't effect anything in your life. You're still alpha here" he states.

"You see, that's funny you should say that" I tell him. "I know you have Tyler hanging out with Jeremy, who is no longer on vervain. He is in my pack Klaus, you are to stop using your sire bond with him" I state.

"I only make suggestions, it's his choose what he does" he tells me. I give him a look. "Ok, I promise not to use the sire bond on him anymore without clearing it with you" he says with a smile. "Here he is: man of the hour!" he says and I turn to see Tyler.

"So everything went okay?" Tyler asks and I give Klaus a look.

"Tony ran down Alaric instead of Jeremy, but apples, oranges, message lands the same" Klaus states.

"You said you are sending them a warning" Tyler says.

"Are you that surprised Tyler?" I ask him.

"An effective one! Elena's family suffers, she is motivated to get me what I want" Klaus states.

"I didn't think that we actually have to kill anyone" Tyler tells him.

"Tyler, mate. What you are feeling is the remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day human life is just a means to an end. Our means to our end. You do well to remember that?" Klaus tells him. "Anyway your free to go with Athena and I shall honor our new deal" he tells me.

Tyler and I left the mansion. "What deal?" Tyler asks me.

"Klaus agreed to not use his sire bond with you anymore without my permission. In exchange for me allowing him to remain here" I state.

"He actually agreed to that?" he asks me shocked.

"Yes" I tell him. "Now I need a run, you coming?" I ask. He agrees and we go for a run in the woods. Before getting drinks and chilling out at the Lockwood ruins. Tyler sitting on a tree stump while I lean against a tree.

Jeremy appears with a crossbow. "Don't do it, Jeremy" Tyler tells him.

"Why not? You stabbed my back, I stab yours" Jeremy states.

"I didn't stab you in the back!" Tyler exclaims facing him.

"Is that why you wanted to hang out? To get me off the vervain?" Jeremy demands.

"Klaus asked me too. I never thought he would try to kill you" Tyler tells him.

"Which was his mistake" I add.

"Not helping Athena" Tyler tells me.

"It's Klaus, Tyler! What did you think was gonna happen?" Jeremy demands.

"He doesn't care about you. All he wants is to get his family back" Tyler tells him. Jeremy shoots; Tyler catches the arrow. I get in between them.

"Ok, calm down guys" I tell them. "Look Jeremy, you know Tyler has no control when it comes to Klaus. He was wrong to think someone wouldn't get hurt or die. And he is sorry" I state.

"Jer! You should get home. Stay inside. Klaus isn't gonna stop until he gets all those coffins back. He is not done with you" Tyler tells him. Jeremy just left.

"Lets go home and have a movie marathon" I tell Tyler. He agrees and we clean up the cans. Before going home and watch Star Wars.

A/N

Picture above of Athena and picture on the external link of Jeremy with Tyler.