Growing Pains

Athena's POV

"Got it" I state as I put the coffin down and opened the lead. Klaus' desiccated body is lying in a coffin. Pretty much intact. Bonnie stares at it.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Klaus asks her. Bonnie turns around and sees Klaus in Tyler's body entering the cellar.

"What is that doing here, Klaus? The deal we made with Tyler was that you'd leave his body and jump into someone else's the first chance you got" she reminds him.

"Yes, when I assumed I'd be a pile of ash. But apparently, fate and oxygen intervened and there I am" Klaus says. "Put me back" he tells Bonnie.

"I can't right now" she states.

"Why not?" I ask her confused.

"Your history teacher outed Tyler and Caroline to the Council. They're on a war path and this body's vulnerable" Klaus states.

"Not really, everyone thinks Tyler is dead. Mum has been trying to get my opinion on a funeral and it hasn't even been a day" I tell him. "Besides I'm the one being hunted, along with Caroline. Which is why we're supposed to skip town" I add.

"And I have to help Elena before she has to feed" Bonnie adds.

"Elena's dead and no longer my concern" Klaus tells her.

"You're forgetting who just saved your life" she reminds him. Klaus grabs Bonnie by the throat. I growl. "It's fine" Bonnie tells me.

"And you're forgetting that I could rip your tongue out. Now put me back" he demands.

"If I can keep Elena human, you'll still have an endless blood supply to make your hybrids. Isn't that what you really want?" she asks him. He releases her. Bonnie starts to leave, but Klaus super speeds in front of her and blocks her way out.

"Same rules apply. No one knows. No one. Do you understand me, Bonnie?" he asks her. She nods her head and left.

"If you want to be back in your body so bad. Why don't we leave town and find one of your witch allies and have them do the spell?" I ask him.

"Because only the witch who did the spell, can undo it" he states.

"Really?" I ask and he nods his head. "Guess we're stuck here then, but once you're back in your body. Tyler and I can run by ourselves. While you take care of yourself" I state.

"Sounds fair little wolf" he states.

"Can you not say that in my brother's body, it's weird" I tell him.

"Then what should I call you?" he asks me.

"Athena" I say.

"Fine" he says. "How long have you been a wolf?" he asks me.

"We bonding now?" I ask him as I take out my song book.

"Well we're alone, why not talk?" he asks me.

"Fine, it was freshmen year. My friends and I got drunk. I was behind the wheel and crashed the car. Resulting in my friends death" I state.

"Two years" he says.

"Yep" I say.

"You wouldn't of been driving age" he states.

"Neither was my friend, she wasn't a good influence on me. Got me into drinking, partying and drugs. Hooked me up with my boyfriend, who cheated on me the night I triggered my curse. Anyway I thought I was ok to drive and she was pretty much unconscious" I state.

"You did drugs?" he asks surprised.

"Not anymore, though I still drink a little. Not a lot and only on special occasions" I state. "I wonder if Care has told my mum yet?" I muse changing the subject. Tyler's phone rings.