Ritual Moon

Athena's POV

I'm running through the forest towards the Lockwood Cellar. I got a message from Caroline. That she and Tyler are free and are heading there. With Damon and Matt. Who now knows about the supernatural world. I feel myself starting to change and stop willing it to go quicker. So that I could go protect the others from Tyler.

Soon I'm a wolf and I take off again faster then before. I reach the cellar entrance. "Tyler? It's me. It's Caroline" I hear her say. I run down the stairs to see Tyler lunge at the gate and growl loudly. He freezes and looks at me.

"Oh my god, there's two of them?" Matt asks.

"It's Athena, she'll protect us" Care tells him. As Tyler and I stare at each other. He challenges me and we start to fight. I soon have him pinned and snarl. He whines tucking his tail between his legs submitting. I let go of his neck and notice the other two had left. They must of done so while I distracted him.

I tend to my wounds as Tyler tends to his. I then lead him to the falls. Where we howl at the moon. A third howl soon joins ours. We stop and look at each other. I howl again and the other wolf howls back in response. Sounding closer then before.

Soon I see the bushes rustling. Tyler and I get into defensive positions. Ready to fight if needed. A grey white wolf appears. Taking in his scent I realize it's Klaus. Tyler goes to attack, but I snap at him giving him a warning look. He whines, but backs down.

I step forward slowly eyeing Klaus' wolf form. Wary of him. What will he do? Why is he here? He sniffs me and seems relaxed. I stay still as he begins to circle me. But don't take my eyes off of him. I growl when he goes to go behind me. He growls lowly back.

But I stand my ground turning to face him. This is my territory. I don't care if he's the alpha of all alphas. He can't boss me around. He looks at me intrigued. I guess I'm the first wolf he's meet. Also that he's not used to people challenging. That aren't an original.

Tyler walks up to my side and Klaus growls at him. Tyler growls back raising his hackles. I get in between them snarling. No one is hurting my brother and Tyler has spent way to much time with that bitch Jules. I then remember she's dead because of Klaus and smile. I approach Klaus slowly and lick his cheek. Showing him my appreciation for what he did. He looks at me surprised.

I shot off towards the treeline. I stop and look back at the boys. I howl and take off running. They follow me and I show them my forest. After a couple hours. We say good bye and Klaus leaves. I lead Tyler back to our home.

We arrive on the front porch and turn human again. Tyler curls up into a ball. Care appears with a jacket and blanket. She puts the blanket over Tyler and hands me to jacket. I put it on and zip it up. "Hey" she says.

"Hi Care, Matt" I say.

"Caroline" Tyler says weakly in pain.

"Hey. It's okay" Care tells him.

"You really need to relax when you turn" I tell him. "I'm gonna go change" I tell them and go to my room. I have a warm shower and put on clean clothes. I go to the Parlor to see Matt staring at the fire while Care stands by the window. "How's Tyler doing?" I ask her.

"Sleeping. He should be better by morning. He just...He needs some rest" she states.

"That's good" I say.

"So this is your lives now?" Matt asks us.

"It's been my life since freshmen year" I tell him.

"Never a dull moment" Care tells him with a smile.

"You know, these last few days with you have been so great, and fun" Matt tells her. Caroline smiles and walks over towards him, placing her hands on his chest. I look out the window to give them some privacy. "And so Caroline. I-I thought that I might be able to get past this whole vampire thing" he says.

"But you can" she tells him.

"I don't - I don't know if I can, Caroline" he tells her. He starts to leave as I look back at them. Caroline turns around with a look of desperation plastered on her face.

"Matt" she says. Matt turns around and looks at her.

"I get it. This is your life now. You know what my life is, Care? My life is an absentee mom. And a bunch of bills to pay, and school, and a job, and it - and it sucks sometimes. But it's my life. And...I think that I just want to live it without all of this" he tells her. Caroline looks at him, sadly, but nods her head, understanding what he wants. He leaves.

"I'm Sorry Care" I tell her. "You can stay here for the night" I add.

"Thanks Athena, I'm gonna go check on Tyler in your dad's study" she states. I nod my head.  She goes to the study and I call Jeremy.

"Hey Jeremy, I'm human again and so is Tyler. How is everyone? I know the ritual happened, is Elena still human?" I ask him.

"I don't know, Alaric and I weren't there. We've been trapped in the witch house with Uncle John since before the ritual. Bonnie and the others refused to let us go" he tells me.

"That sucks" I tell him.

"Tell me about, it doesn't help that Klaus took Aunt Jenna as his vampire sacrifice. I don't know if she's alive or not. Or anything about Elena" he tells me. "I'll text you when the others return" he assures me.

"Ok, hope to hear from you soon" I tell him. Then hang up. I go the study to see Care asleep in Tyler's chest sharing a blanket. "How are you feeling?" I ask him.

"Sore, but I'll fine" he says.

"Glad to have you back" I tell him. "By the way, that bitch Jules is dead" I tell him. "Couldn't of happened to a nicer person" I say sarcastically. "Anyway, good night" I tell him and go to bed. Putting my phone on silent. I'd look at any messages from the others in the morning.

A/N

Picture above of Athena, Tyler and Klaus in their wolf forms.