Tyler Sired

Athena's POV

It's been a week since Tyler turned and he's been acting strange. I went to school with the girls this morning. Right now I'm helping Caroline hang posters for tonight's bonfire. When Elena joins us. "I forgot about the bonfire" she states looking at the poster Caroline just put up.

"You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year" Care tells her. As I hang up another poster.

"Relax, Caroline. I'll be there" Elena assures.

"Great, you can hang out with me" I tell her.

"Thank you. It's just that..." Care starts to say. Tyler suddenly arrives and kisses Caroline. Then picks me up spinning me around.

"Happy first day!" he cheers. I smell blood and notice a red substance on his shirt. With the other two.

"Is that blood?" Elena and I ask.

"Oh my God!" Care exclaims. Caroline grabs Tyler they go into the boys' restroom. Elena and I follow them in.

"What's going on?!" he asks us.

"Vampire 101, don't wear your breakfast to school" Care tells him.

"What if mum saw it?" I demand. Elena checks out the stalls to make sure no one is there.

"Chill out. It was just a blood bag and mum wasn't home" he assures us.

"From where?" Care and I demand.

"Rebekah hooked me up" he states.

"Rebekah? And what are you even talking to her for?" Care asks.

"Who's Rebekah?" I ask.

"Klaus' sister" Care tells me.

"I thought she left town with her brother" I state.

"Klaus left her and told her to keep a watch on me. Protect his new asset" Tyler states.

"His what? Why are you amused by this?" Care demands.

"I'm his first successful hybrid, Caroline. Don't you think that's the tiniest bit awesome?" Tyler asks her.

"You nearly died" I remind him. As Care says 'Oh, wow! I cannot believe you just said that'.

"So, I'm going to go. Good luck" Elena tells us. She hands Tyler some paper towels and leaves.

"Ok, Tyler I don't care if you drink blood bags. I prefer it to you drinking from people. But you need to be more careful and stay the hell away from Rebekah" I tell him.

"I'll be careful, you don't have to worry" he assures me. "I promise to stay away from Rebekah and not bite anyone" he adds.

"Good" I say smiling and give him a hug. Then leave him with Caroline and get to class. School was boring. I went to the field where Caroline tries to convince me to join the cheer squad. "I don't know Care, I haven't cheered in years" I tell her.

"Sounds like you have an opening on the squad" Rebekah states as she joins is.

"What are you doing?" Care asks her as Rebekah begins to stretch. "Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives" she tells her.

"I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity" Rebekah tells her and looks at Tyler. "Maybe even your boyfriend" she adds smirking.

"My brother would have to be an idiot to date an old lady" I tell her. "Now your brother isn't here to protect you from my bite. So I'll only say this once, stay the hell away from my brother. Or else" I tell her. "See you around Caroline" I say and left them.