Preparing Tyler for the Full-Moon

Athena's POV

"Remind me again why she is here?" I ask as I lead Caroline and Tyler to the Lockwood cellar. Where he and I would be changing on the coming full moon.

"She wants to help" Tyler states.

"This is wolf business, not vampire business" I state.

"I'm still going to help, Tyler is my friend" Caroline states.

"If you die, it's on you" I tell her and she nods her head. Tyler looks at us confused. But we ignore his stare as we reach Lockwood ruins. My phone rings. I see it's Damon and roll my eyes. "Go ahead" I tell them and they enter the cellar. I answer the call. "This had better be important Damon" I tell him.

"Elena's missing" he states.

"What else is new?" I ask him. "Have Bonnie do a locator spell" I tell him.

"No need, I know where she is. Want to help?" he asks me.

"Not today, my brother needs me. He is more important to me then Elena at the moment" I tell him. "But let me know when you guys get back safely" I tell him. I hang up and enter the cellar. To see Caroline holding a journal and USB stick.

"It's uncle Masons, he chronicled everything" Tyler states. "I want to see wants on this USB" he states.

"I don't think that is wise Tyler" I tell him.

"I have to know" he tells me.

"Fine, don't cry to me if you don't like what you see" I tell him.

"I won't" he states before leaving with Caroline.

"That idiot" I grumble as I exam the bolts. I test them. They should still hold, but I'll get new ones just encase. I look at the door, that will need to be reinforced. I get to work making improvements setting up my chains. If only I had Mason's, Tyler could use them.

(Time skip)

I finally finish with the improvements and exit the cellar. I get a call from Caroline. "We watched a video of Mason's first transformation. Tyler is not taking it well" she tells me and I hear Tyler crying saying he can't go through that.

"I'm on my way" I tell her and hang up. I run to her house and take Tyler into my arms. "It'll be ok Tyler, you have something Mason and I never had. You have help" I tell him.

"How did you do it?" he asks me.

"You know I've always been good when it comes to pain" I remind him. "The cellar is ready, just need chains for you" I tell him.

"I'll deal with that" he assures me. I nod my head.

"He did say that the transformation speeds up over time" Caroline tells him.

"It does" I agree with her.

"So, if you can just get through this first time, then..." Care starts to say.

"Why are you helping us?" Tyler asks her.

"What do you mean?" she asks him confused.

"I understand Athena, you guys are friends. But we have never been close" he states.

"I don't know. You just seem like you...like you kind of need it" she says sheepishly. "I was alone when I turned. I had no control over my body or my...urges. And...I killed somebody. I don't want that to happen to you. I don't want you to be alone. Even though you have Athena" she explains.

Tyler nods his head in understanding. Suddenly, the door bell rings. We all glance at the door. Caroline gets up to answer it. While I remove the USB from the laptop and put it in my bag. Along with Mason's journal as Tyler goes to see who Caroline is talking too. When I reach the door I see Matt leaving. "Have I missed something?" I ask them confused.

"Nothing you need to worry about Athena" Tyler assures me. "Thanks for the help Caroline, see you tomorrow" he states. We then leave and go home.

A/N

Picture above of Caroline with Tyler.