Saving Caroline

Athena's POV

"So did you handle it?" Tyler asks as we join mum in the parlor.

"Slight problem" she tells us. "I let her father take her and he won't tell me where she is" she states.

"That's why you should of spoken to us, instead of jumping to conclusions" Tyler tells her.

"Guess we handle this our way" I state putting my coat on. "You with me Tyler?" I ask.

"Like you have to ask" he says grabbing his keys.

"You're not going to hurt anyone are you?" mum asks us.

"We won't as long as he hands over Caroline, if he doesn't. No promises, no one messes with my best friend" I tell her.

"Lets go Athena" Tyler says and we leave the house. "Are we going to Bonnie?" he asks me as we get into his car.

"No, take us to Care's house" I tell him. "Her mother will know where to find her and will help us" I state. He nods his head and drives to her house. "Good she's in" I say as we see her car outside. He parks the car and we get out. We hear Liz on leaving a message for Caroline.

"Caroline! It's mom. Just coming up for air after a few all-nighters at the station. I thought we'd have lunch and you could remind me I promised not to work so hard" we hear her say. Tyler knocks on the door.

"Tyler, Athena good morning" she says smiling. "I'm afraid Caroline isn't here right now"" she tells us.

"We know" Tyler tells her.

"We need to tell you something" I tell her. "May we come in?" I ask her and she nods her head. Letting us in.

"What's going on?" she asks us confused.

"Your ex has kidnapped your daughter, he knows she's a vampire" I tell her.

"We need your help to find and save her" Tyler states.

"Of course, I know just the place he'd take her" she tells us while grabbing her hand gun.

"The lets go save my best friend" I tell them smiling. We leave and get into her car. Me in the front seat passenger seat while Tyler got in the back.

"So what's the plan?" Tyler asks us.

"You should take lead" I tell Liz.

"I will" she states. "I'll go in first try talk to Bill at gun point. If he refuses to release Caroline. I'll call you both in to retrieve her. While keeping a gun on him" she explains.

"Sounds good" Tyler states.

"What do you think he's been doing with her?" I ask her.

"Trying to find a way around killing her" she states. "His family has been committed to this fight for almost 150 years. He believes all vampires are monsters. But he loves Caroline as much as I do and will try find a way to save her" she states.

"She doesn't need saving from being a vampire" I state.

"I know that" she assures me.

"We'll get her back" Tyler assures us.

"Then you two can finally date" I tell him smirking.

"Not the time Athena" he tells me.

"You like my daughter?" Liz asks him.

"They slept together the night before last" I tell her.

"That's private Athena" he tells me blushing.

"Then maybe you should do a better job at hiding it" I tell him.

"Ok, I don't need to know about my daughter's sex life" Liz tells us. "But I can see you really care about her Tyler. So you have my blessing if she wants to date you" she tells him.

"Thanks Sheriff Forbes" he says with a grateful smile.

"How long until we get there?" I ask her.

"Not long, remember I'll go in first" she tells us. "He'll have her in the cellar. You both wait upstairs until I call you" she states. We nod our heads. We soon reach the entrance to the Forbes cellar as the sun sets. We go inside and she goes down the iron spiral stairs first gun in hand. Tyler and I eavesdrop.

"Hello Bill" she says.

"Put the gun down, Liz. I know what I'm doing" he tells her. I grind my teeth.

"That's our daughter in there. She looks up to you. She loves you" Liz tells him.

"Then she'll trust me to do the right thing. Let me do this, Liz. Not because she's a monster. But because we love her" Bill tells her. I growl silently. If he loved her, he wouldn't be torturing her. I can smell her blood from up here.

"Athena, Tyler!" Liz calls. We appear at the top of the staircase and I glare at Bill flashing my wolf eyes. Tyler and I pass Liz as we head down the stairs.

"You both are not going in there" Bill tells us. Trying to block our path. Liz shoots next to him. He freezes with Tyler. I ignore it and head into the cell.

"A Caroline" I say sadly rushing over to her. I start to release her of the chair she's chained to. Tyler enters the room.

"Tyler, Athena" Care says weakly.

"Shush, save your strength" I tell her. As Tyler frees her hands.

"It's okay. We're going to get you out of here" Tyler assure her.

"Where's your day light ring?" I ask her. She points at the floor behind Tyler. He takes it, puts it on her finger, lifts her and carries her out. I follow and stop glaring at Bill. "You make me sick, you don't deserve to call yourself her father" I tell him growling. Before leaving the cellar and Liz follows me.

We get into the car and she drives us back to her house. Tyler carried Caroline into the bathroom. I helped her clean up and gave her fresh pjs. Then carried her to bed tucking her in. Liz appears and offers her a blood bag. She takes it with a grateful smile. I leave them to it.

I join Tyler in the living room. "I'm going to go tell mum that we saved Caroline. You coming?" I ask him.

"No, I think I'm going to stay here tonight. Make sure she's alright" he states.

"Her dad tortured her, I don't think she'll bounce back straight away" I tell him. "I'm happy for you both" I tell him. "See you tomorrow" I say giving him a hug before leaving. I walk home. When arrive mum is there waiting in the foyer.

"Is she ok?" she asks me.

"No thanks to you and Bill" I state removing my jacket. "He tortured her mum, he's own daughter" I snap. I take a deep calming breath. "She's safe now and home. Tyler is speeding the night with her. To watch over her" I state.

"That's good, I'm so sorry for what's happened" she tells me honestly. "I promise to never go behind yours or Tyler's backs again" she states.

"Thank you mum" I say.

"Can you tell me more? About this family curse?" she asks me.

"Of course" I say with a smile. We go to the parlor and sit down. I tell her everything and she doesn't interrupt once.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that alone" she tells me. "I never wanted to send you away" she tells me truthfully.

"I know mum" I assure her. "I can tell when someone is lying, one of the perks of being a wolf" I tell her. "Lets promise each other no more secrets" I suggests.

"No more secrets" she agrees. "Anyway it's late, do you want something to eat before bed?" she asks me.

"I'll make myself something" I tell her. "You should go sleep, you've had a long week" I state. She nods head head and we hug. Before she went to her room. I make myself something to eat and ate it. Before getting ready for bed and calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Liz and picture on the external link of Tyler with Caroline.