Carnival

Athena's POV

I go help Elena and Bonnie set up the carnival. Elena is encharge with Caroline still in hospital and is checking things off. "We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us" I tell them.

"I don't know how she does all of this" Bonnie sates.

"Well because she's not human, obviously" Elena tells us and we all laugh. "I have to go check to see if Jeremy has finished with fish game" she adds.

"Ok, we'll finish hanging these up" I tell her and she leaves. "So Bonnie, how do you not have a date tonight?" I ask as we start to hang the prizes.

"How do you not have on?" she shots back.

"Touche, how about we go together as friends and try find a couple of single guys at the carnival" I tell her. "Have them win us a few prizes" I add smirking.

"Sounds like fun" she says smiling. "Sunset?" she asks and I nod my head. I go home to get ready for the carnival.

(Sunset)

I'm about to leave for the carnival when Uncle Mason and Tyler join me. "Carnival?" I ask and they nod their heads. "Lets go, I'm late meeting Bonnie" I tell them and we leave. Uncle Mason drives us to the school. I meet Elena as Bonnie leaves with a guy. "Who was that?" I ask Elena.

"Carter, he's with the carnival and Bonnie is showing him the karaoke speakers" she states smiling.

"Lucky her" I say smiling. "So where is this boyfriend you were talking about?" I ask her.

"Around here somewhere, how are you Athena?" she asks me.

"Now you remember me" I tease.

"Yeah, sorry just been crazy around here" she tells me sheepishly.

"I'm good, glad to be home. Where's Jeremy?" I ask her.

"Saw him earlier" she says. "We're kind of fighting" she tells me.

"Maybe I can smooth things for you" I suggest.

"Not that easy, I've been lying to him about something and he's pissed" she tells me.

"I'll still try" I assure her. "So, when can we have a girls night? I've missed our old sleepovers" I tell her.

"No doubt Caroline will organize one when she is released from hospital" she tells me.

"DO you know when that'll be?" I ask her curious.

"I heard tomorrow morning, she was annoyed she couldn't be released tonight. So that she could attend the carnival" she tells me. "I'm sorry about your dad by the way" she adds.

"He's dead and I'm over it. You know he and I were never close. Uncle Mason has been more like a father to me then he ever was" I tell her. "Speaking of, I'm gonna go check on him and Tyler. Talk later?" I ask and she nods her head. We hug and I go in search of my brother & uncle.

I find them at the arm wrestling table. Uncle Mason arm wrestling Stefan. "Go Uncle Mason" I cheer as I stand beside Tyler. He smiles and wraps an arm around my shoulders. Uncle Mason beats Stefan and he leaves as a new challenger takes his place. Uncle Mason beats him too. "Lets give you a challenge uncle" I say smirking as I sit down opposite him.

"I wouldn't Athena, he'll crush you" Tyler tells me.

"Don't worry big brother, I know what I'm doing" I tell him smirking. I place my arm on the table and look at uncle Mason. "Unless your scared to lose to a girl uncle" I tease.

"I'm stronger then when we last did this" he tells me. As he places his hand in mine. The match begins and we're equal. I let him think he's about to win as I let him lower my hand. As he thinks he has it in the bag. I put all my strength into it and slam his hand onto the table winning.

"You got to cocky uncle" I tell him smirking.

"Okay, she's the champ, who wants to go next?" he asks the audience. Many try, but they all fail. I soon notice Tyler and Uncle Mason are gone.

"Sorry boys, but I'm over it. Someone else can be champion" I tell the crowd and leave. I go to the parking lot to see uncle Mason punch a guy. He falls to the ground and I rush over. "Come on, lets get out of here" I tell them and we leave. Going home.

(Lockwood Mansion)

"All right, we're home" Uncle Mason says as we enter the mansion.

"Safe territory, enough with the silence" Tyler tells him.

"Told you to leave it alone" Uncle Mason tells him.

"What was that move you pulled?" he asks him.

"Brazilian martial art. We took some classes a while back" I lie.

"Don't lie to me!" he shouts.

"Don't talk to your sister that way" Uncle Mason snaps. "Besides, she's not lying" he adds in a calmer tone.

"I saw something" Tyler tells him.

"You saw nothing" we tell him.

"I saw your eyes, they glowed" he states looking at our uncle.

"Reflection of a car headlight maybe, that's all" Uncle Mason tells him.

"Reflection of a car headlight" Tyler says unconvinced.

"Yes" we tell him.

"You really expect me to believe that?" he asks us. I sigh. Why does he have to be so stubborn?

"Tyler! You want to know what you saw? You saw me get pissed off that I had to pull your delinquent ass out of a fight!" Uncle Mason snaps. Tyler leaves and Uncle Mason sighs.

"You know, he's not going to stop until we tell him" I tell him.

"I know, but I don't want him to worry about it" he tells me.

"Neither do I, but we may have to tell him" I state. "I'm gonna have an early night, please make nice with Tyler" I tell him and leave him.  I change and do my teeth. Then go to sleep on my queen size bed.

A/N

Picture above of Stefan arm wrestling Mason.