Elena's 18th B-Day

Athena's POV

Athena's POV

For the last seven and half weeks. I've been enjoying my summer vacation. Working on my tan and my hair has gone back to dark brown. Last full moon I tried to get Tyler to relax, but he didn't and was in a lot of pain the next morning. I still shifted without pain. Anyway I'm taking a new approach for this up and coming full moon. Which is four days away. I've been making him party, drink, get massages and exercise a lot. To try tire him out and relax his mind. So that he won't have much fight when it comes, should hopefully be more relaxed for it. Caroline has been helping a lot, they are dating now.

I've stayed out of vampire business. Though I know everyone has been searching for Stefan all summer. Tracking his kills. Damon asked for my help, but I refused. I'm not going to endanger my family behind going after the original hybrid. I'm not suicidal. Besides Tyler is my main priority.

But tonight is Elena's eighteenth Birthday party. Caroline and I are making Tyler go. Anyway Caroline and I are currently shopping for the party. While she speaks to Elena on the phone. "What are you doing?" Elena asks once they exchanged hellos.

"Just shopping with Athena for the party you're trying to bail out on" Care tells her.

"I never said yes in the first place" Elena reminds her and I roll my eyes.

"You were never going to which is why we planned it anyway. And my mom wants you to call her" Care tells her.

"We're throwing it at the Salvatore house, curtsy of Damon" I add.

"Did she find something?" Elena asks ignoring me and I roll my eyes.

"An animal attack in Memphis. It's the third one this week in Tennessee" Care states. They think it's Klaus killing people, but according to Damon it's Stefan off the rails.

"And you're sure it's a vampire?" Elena asks her.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's Klaus" Care tells her.

"Doesn't mean it's not" Elena tells her. "I'll call her" she adds.

"Well call her on her cell" Care tells her.

"Tell her thank you for her help" Elena tells her. I look at the time and show my hone to Caroline.

"All right. Well, I gotta go. We'll see you in a bit" Care tells her.

"Oh, Caroline wait, just...keep tonight small. Please?" Elena asks.

"Wear something pretty" Care tells her before hanging up.

"Hello brother" I say smiling as we turn to face Tyler. We go to the grill for lunch. Honestly I feel like a third wheel. But it's my brother and best friend. I look at the menu while they talk about mine and Tyler mother acting strange around Caroline.

"Hey guys" Jeremy says as he appears with a note pad.

"Did Matt make you switch sections?" Care asks him. Jeremy shrugs his shoulders. "He thinks we're dating" she tells Tyler.

"Everyone does, I do" I tell them.

"So does our mother" Tyler adds.

"What?" Care asks us.

"We're together all the time, it's not a leap" Tyler tells her.

"That's crazy, most of the time we're with Athena" Care states.

"And I always feel like a third wheel" I tell them. Anyway we enjoy our lunch. Before going to the Salvatore house. Elena meets us there and we start to set up for the party.

"I feel like I have to fight Damon every single time we get a lead on Stefan" Elena tells us.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him" Tyler states.

"Tyler" Care and I say firmly.

"What? He's into you, isn't he?" he asks Elena.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was so that he could save Damon's life. I mean, trust me, Damon wants to find him" Elena tells him.

"But you kissed him?" Tyler states and Care gives him the look. "Probably screwed with his head" he states. Care apologizes to Elena while I hit Tyler over the head.

"Don't worry about it. Look, yes I kissed him, but it was a...it was a goodbye kiss. I thought he was gonna die" Elena explains. She gets a call and leaves the room to answer it.

"Just because I tell you things doesn't mean you're allowed to know them" Care tells Tyler.

"Sorry. I've gotta run if I'm gonna change and pick up Sophie in time" he tells us.

"Wait. You're bringing a date? Slutty Sophie is your date?" Care asks him.

"You can do so much better" I tell him.

"Hey! It's been kinda slow in that department. And....I am horny all the time now" he states.

"So am I, but I don't date the guys I have sex with" I tell him.

"Yeah, tell me about it, sometimes I feel like I'm gonna explode! It's a...vampire...thing. Yeah, our emotions are heightened and we're on overdrive" Care tells us.

"It's a werewolf thing too. Just like I can't turn it off" Tyler tells her.

"Yeah" Care says as things become awkward. "Well. Uh, I hope you'll get, uh, lucky tonight" she tells him. Tyler chuckles and says he'll see us later. We say goodbye and he leaves.

(Time skip)

The party is in fall swing. I'm dancing with a group of guys swaying my hips to the music. I see Jeremy smoking weed with Matt. I watch Elena go outside to talk to Alaric and Damon. I roll my eyes as one of the guys grabs my hips grinding himself against me. "What to get out of here beautiful?" he slurs.

"Sure thing" I say smirking. It's been weeks since I last had sex. I send a text to Care and Tyler before leaving. I pass Elena and wish her a happy birthday. The guy and I go to a motel and get a room. We had sex with protection and I left while he fell asleep. Honestly, he was a bit of a let down. I contemplated going back to the party and finding another guy to hook up with. But decide not to and go home calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Elena entering the party with Damon and picture in chapter of Athena.