Appalachian Mountains

Athena's POV

So after what happened with Bill. I decided it'd be better to get Tyler out of town and take him somewhere else to break the sire bond. He agreed. We told Caroline and our mother. Then packed a bag each. Before leaving town, with me driving.

"So where are we going exactly?" he asks me.

"To see an old friend of mine" I tell him with a smile. "She was there for me when I first broke my curse. She was like an older sister to me. Before she left" I state.

"Why'd she leave?" he asks me.

"To go look for her real family, she was looking for them when we meet. She stayed for several months until she was sure I could handle it on my own. Before leaving" I explain. "You'll like her" I assure him.

"So you kept in contact with her then?" he asks me.

"She checks in once a month, the day after a full moon. Make sure I'm ok, I tell her practically everything" I tell him. "She was the first person I spoke to about your sire bond and Klaus reluctance to turn me. She was the one who theorized how we could break it" I explain. "She offered to come help, but I didn't want her near Klaus. She believes I live in a trailer park in Florida" I state.

"Ok, we'll stick to that" he states. "What's her name? Where is she?" he asks me curious.

"Hayley and somewhere in the Appalachian mountains" I tell him.

"How are we going to find her?" he asks me shocked.

"Oh,  our wolves will find each other during the full moon" I tell him smirking.

"That's three days away" he states.

"I know and it'll take us roughly seven hours to get to the mountains. With us having to get gas and me needing food" I tell him. "Once we arrive, we'll check into a motel until the full moon" I state. "Then we'll go stay with Hayley" I add.

"You have it all planned out" he says impressed.

"Of course, a good alpha always has a plan. A great alpha has multiple" I tell him.

"Are you sure it was wise though? Leaving town while Klaus is there?" he asks me.

"Oh something tells me he'll be to busy to cause mischief" I say with a smirk.

"Ok, what did you do?" he asks me.

"Not me, Damon" I tell him. "He undaggered Elijah, I only wish I was there to watch the show" I state. "But Damon promised to keep my updated" I say shrugging. "Now, you have a break for the next few days to prepare to give it your all to break this sire bond. Use it to observe and try understand the wolf within you" I tell him.

"How do I do that?" he asks me.

"He lives in you, he wants to communicate. He may not talk as we do, but he can express emotions. You just have to learn to understand them" I explain. "Mine right now is content and excited about the approaching full moon" I state.

"I think he's angry" he mutters.

"Why do you think that is?" I ask him.

"Because I stopped letting him out. I used to chain him up, then I became a hybrid and he was never let out again" he says.

"See, you can do it" I say with a proud smile. "Now you need to find some common ground with him. Then you'll truly have control in wolf form" I state.

(Time skip)

I just transformed and Tyler stands beside me

I just transformed and Tyler stands beside me. I let out a loud howl. Another answers and I smile happily yipping. "That her?" he asks me and I nod my head. I howl again and so does she. I take off running towards her howl. Tyler runs after me.

I soon reach a clearing and see a timber she wolf on the other side. We smile at each other. We run over to each other and wolf hug. Licking each others cheeks and nibbling ears. We then howl at the moon together. She then looks at something behind me and growls.

I look to see Tyler waiting in the tree line. I snap at her. Then go over to Tyler and rub myself against his leg. Showing his family. She approaches and sniffs him. She sneezes, but doesn't look angry anymore.

She play bows and I do the same. We start to play together. Until we grow hungry and go hunt. Together we take down an elderly doe. We ate before going to a stream for a drink. Before playing in the water. We then race through the forest towards the top of a nearby mountain. We reach it and see the moon at it's highest point and howl in harmony.

Before curling up beside each other. She rests her head on my back as I rest mine on my front paws. We both fall asleep.

I wake and see a pile of clothes. I get dressed. "Wondered when you'd finally come and beg me fore help" Hayley says teasingly.

"Not beg, ask. It wasn't safe to break his bond in Florida. I thought the mountains were a safer bet and I missed you. So will you help me free my brother?" I ask her.

"Of course I will" she tells me. As Tyler appears with food. "So you're the famous Tyler, thought you'd be taller" she tells him.

"Yeah, nice to meet you Hayley" he says handing us a bag each. We thank him and eat. Before we went to Hayley's place. Luckily Tyler already grabbed our things and checked out of the motel. She shows us our rooms and the basement where we'd break Tyler's bond. "So when do we begin?" he asks us.

I share a look with Hayley. "Right now" we say together and smile.

"That'll get annoying" he grumbles. I roll my eyes at him. I chain him up and step back. "Here goes nothing" he mutters and focusing on changing.

"I bet he has to do it over a hundred times" Hayley tells me.

"Bet under hundred" I tell her.

"Fifty bucks?" she offers and I nod my head. We look back at Tyler as his bones begin to break. We see his hybrid eyes. "Whoa" she says. I lean against the wall wishign I could take Tyler's pain away. But only he can do that, by embracing his wolf.

A/N

Picture above of the Appalachian mountains and picture on the external link of Hayley.