Volunteer Picnic

Athena's POV

Mason and I are telling Tyler about how he triggered his curse. In dad's old office. "Wait, the guy died? You killed him?" Tyler asks him shocked.

"He kept coming at me. He got in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend" Mason explains.

"Were you?" Tyler asks him.

"No. I wouldn't do that, he was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self-defense" Mason explains.

"And it triggered the curse?" Tyler asks him.

"It doesn't matter if it was an accident or intentional Tyler" I tell him sadly.

"On every full moon, we lose control. If we don't sedate ourselves and chain ourselves down, we'll kill anything in our path" Mason tells him.

"You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands and you'll have a lifetime of this. You don't want it Tyler, trust me" I tell him sadly.

"Oakley" Tyler says and I nod my head solemnly. "So you've had the curse since your freshmen year?" he asks me shocked. I nod my head.

"All right. Where's the moonstone? A deal's a deal. We answered your questions" Mason tells him.

"Um, yeah, I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's in here" Tyler says opening dad's floor safe. I thought he only had one. But no moonstone. "Are you gonna tell me what's so important about this rock or what?" he asks me.

"I don't know anything about it" I tell him.

"I told you, it's just something I want. Sentimental value" Mason tells him.

"Yeah, I'm not really buying that. Why do you really want it?" Tyler asks him.

"Do you know where it is or not?" Mason asks him.

"No, I figured it would be in here, man" Tyler states.

"Well we have to go help in the park" I remind Mason and we leave. "I know Damon pissed you off, but don't do anything stupid. This is my home and I'd rather not have enemies here" I tell him.

"He made himself the enemy when he stabbed me with a silver knife" he tells me.

"Which doesn't affect us" I remind him. "I'm alpha in this family and I am tell you not to go after the Salvatores or Caroline" I order.

"You know I should be alpha, you're only a child" he states.

"When you can beat me in a fight, then you can be alpha" I tell him. "Until then, leave them alone. Otherwise I won't help if they decide to come after you again" I state. We arrive at the park and I go over to Caroline. Who is working with Elena. I notice Stefan and Damon talking and decide to eavesdrop on them.

"What are you doing?" Damon asks Stefan.

"Negotiating peace on your behalf" Stefan tells him.

"I don't want peace" Damon whines.

"Consider it opposite day" Stefan tells him.

"Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a hand shake just solved our problem" Damon asks him.

"No, actually I think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart and then through mine, all because you took it upon yourself to try to kill him. So thank you, because we don't have enough problems" Stefan tells him. I frown, what problems?

I turn back to Elena and Caroline. To see Elena gone. "Where's Elena?" I ask her confused.

"Talking to Stefan" she states and starts to eavesdrop. Damon joins us.

"Why are you being such a bitch to your mom?" he asks her.

"Don't worry about it" she tells him and goes back to eavesdropping. He joins and I leave them to it. Deciding to go get more paint. I go help with the flower beds. Until I hear Damon choke on vervain and groan. Seriously? I told him to leave them alone. I look up to see Damon and Stefan follow Mason into the woods. What to do?

I go over to Caroline and Elena on the outskirts of the park. Where Caroline has her eyes closed listening to the surroundings. "Oh god" Care says.

"What is it?" Elena and I ask her.

"Stefan and Damon" she states. We rush into the woods and I stop when I see blood on the floor.

"What is it?" Elena asks me.

"They were here" I tell her as I point to the blood on the ground. I hear Mason approaching and jump into a tree. Staying downwind of him.

"What are you two doing out here?" he asks Caroline and Elena.

"Have you seen Stefan?" Elena asks him.

"Yeah Elena, I've seen him. Seen Damon too" Mason tells her.

"Where are they?" Elena demands.

"You don't need me for that. I'll let your friend here sniff them out" Mason says pointing to Caroline. "Does your mother know what you are? I'm happy to tell her" he states and I glare at him. How dare he threaten my best friend. She goes towards him but he catches Elena from behind and strangles her with an arm under her chin. "Don't be stupid! Necks snap easy around here" he tells her.

"I can take you" Care says confidently.

"Wanna bet?" he asks her.

"Yeah. I do" she tells him. Caroline rushes over him, grabs him, and pushes him against a tree. "Told you" she says smugly and I jump down holding him on the ground.

"You disobeyed orders Mason" I sneer and look at Caroline. "They'll be at the Lockwood ruins, hurry" I tell her and she leaves with Elena. I look back down at Mason. "You are no longer apart of the Lockwood pack, you are banished and I expect you gone before the week is over" I tell him.

"When are you gonna get it Athena? It's kill or be killed" he tells me.

"No it's not, we could of had peace and now they will kill you" I tell him. "I've done nothing to provoke them and I intend to keep it that way" I tell him and leave. I go to the Salvatore boarding house and wait for them to return. They soon return with the sheriff and lock her up in the cellar.

"Why are you here?" Damon demands.

"I'm here to tell you I kicked Mason out of my families pack. You may have your revenge and I won't interfere. Just if you kill him, make it kick. I only want to live in peace and be with my family & friends" I tell them. "That is all I have to say, good day" I say and go home. I arrive to see Tyler give Mason the moonstone. I go up to my room not wanting to see Mason.

A/N

Picture above of Mason talking to Liz Forbes and pictures on the external link of Caroline vs Mason.