Two Types Of People

Shame, embarrassed, or straight out mortified were words I rarely ever affiliated with

Shame, embarrassed, or straight out mortified were words I rarely ever affiliated with. Yet, here I was, three hours after possibly the most embarrassing day of my life, feeling completely and utterly mortified.

"Please tell me this is a lie." My manager, Milo, held onto his stomach and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I wish I could, sir. The fella didn't seem too happy about it either," Hailey, my publicist agent, informed him like she was his personal typewriter.

I narrowed my eyes and wanted to toss anything at her, but refrained in fear that I would lose the only people who worked on my social image. For being my closest friend, Hailey spilled every single thing I did. I understood it was her job, but she acted all innocent whenever I went off on her, for her unreliable friendship.

Milo rubbed his hand over his face. "Davina, we had this conversation two months ago before we agreed to this contact. You promised you wouldn't put stunts like this anymore, yet you come to work drunk out of your mind on the first day. What do you have to say for yourself?"

My eyes instantly rolled back to another nation. A normal person would think Milo genuinely cared about my well-being, but he solely focused on making sure he was getting a paycheck at the end of the week. I never understood what he was worried about. I had enough money in my bank account to buy him million times over.

The entertainment industry was one of the most draining, exhausting, horrible things to be created on this earth. I couldn't leave my house without having the flashing of cameras blinding me. Then these irritating paparazzi had the audacity to file a lawsuit whenever I ran them over with my car when it was clearly their fault for overwhelming me with cameras.

I kicked my feet up on the glass table. "Well, I had a shitty day, so I went to drink then I found some friends and you know the rest from there."

Hailey deeply sighed. "Are you trying to ruin your innocent girl's next door image? Do you realize how much money we wasted on making sure these idiots keep their mouths shut about you? Do you even care about your career anymore?"

Ah, my innocent image.

Image or typecasting was something common in the industry. From the age of eight years old, I was portrayed as an honest, angelic child who radiated sunshine from a simple smile. At first, I didn't mind the way the media perceived me until things hit the fan and I grew up. Like a normal teenager, I wanted to go on adventures, get drunk, buy fake ids, have sleepovers with my friends.

However, the second I did something unusual, the media trashed me in seconds.

I hesitated for a moment before I proceeded to defend myself. "Of course I care, captain fucking obvious, but why do I have to be under house arrest in order to get a job? I'm twenty-five, I've been working day and night for years! Sue me if I want to get drunk every now and then."