Good People Don't Always Get The Medal

Tonight had the potential to be one of the most important days in my life

Tonight had the potential to be one of the most important days in my life. But at the rate it's going, the day isn't ending up as I hoped for. Spending a four-hour conversation with my lawyers who got paid two hundred every half-hour only to find out the case wasn't going my way put a big damper on things.

My lawyer, Jefferson, is offering a cash settlement to keep us from going to the courts and erasing this arrest from my record. However, the paparazzi were being extremely greedy, turning down all five of my offers and demanding we go ahead in front of a judge. Since they had public footage of my outburst, getting a fat check was basically secured if we went ahead to trial.

According to TMZ, the victim was suffering from emotional and physical trauma, which favored their case. The last of my worries was the money I would have to owe; what I'm really worried about was whether I'll be detained in prison. From the stories I heard, I don't think I'll last in prison.

Who would've thought by the age of twenty-three I would become a felony? I always thought my father would get thrown in there for being abusive instead, I'm the one. I lost myself for a few days, and my whole life changed in an instant. Around Davina, I tried acting as if it wasn't a big deal to keep her from freaking out.

But I'm shitty bricks at the idea of being thrown in prison.

I could never come back from that.

However, one thing could be my lifeline for the day. Two things, actually. Davina always had a way of making everything disappear, as if we were the only two people in the world. These days, I've been needing that. But besides Davina, tonight we were filming the semi-finals for who moved onto the finals.

Tonight, Davina, Wesley, Estefania, Robbie, and I had a chance to be eliminated and lose the prize. Wesley and Davina were a shoo-in. They're favored by the judges and had never been to the bottom two during the duration of the show. I, however, almost got eliminated two weeks ago after my father's passing. I wasn't in the right headspace and overcooked the veal.

But I wouldn't fuck-up tonight.

"Everyone get to your stations," Elton announced, zooming around the area as if he was one of those car toys. "We're starting in three... two... one."

The host Felica had her brown hair whooped up in a bun along with a crispy trimmed tuxedo, which was risky to wear in the kitchen. "Welcome everyone back to the Competition Of The Century!" The fake audience played in the background. "How's everyone feeling tonight? Excited? Nervous? Scared? Estefania?"

The cameramen shifted onto her. "Ah... a bit nervous. The competition has gotten tougher with each round. It's really intimidating to be up against incredible chefs like the iconic Davina and can't forget to mention the five-week first-place chef Wesley. I really have to bring my A-game if I want to make it into the final three." Estefania smiled her pearly whites at them.