The End Of Davbrose

Seven days

Seven days.

One-hundred and sixty-eight hours since Davina had spoken a word to me.

Screw Davina! After that night, I spammed her phone with messages and calls, but nothing. Zero. Just silence. It was incredibly irritating how she shut me out like this. Had I done something wrong? Was she actually upset that night? Can't she tell I'm as hopeless as a fucking rock?

We had multiple schedules throughout the week, but every day, Milo would come in to say our plans were canceled. I knocked on her hotel door every day, hoping for an explanation to only be met with her housekeeper. Yesterday, I even went to the beach again to see if maybe she went over there.

But nothing.

It's like she disappeared into thin air and didn't have the decency to tell me anything? She isn't even my girlfriend, but she's driving my mind crazy. After seven days, I'm starting to get pissed at this silence bullshit!

My fingers constantly drummed on the counter, unable to keep my food down from how my stomach was reacting. What did she have on me to be so angry about? Our conversation at the beach didn't even make sense.

Her ivory cheeks were the brightest shade of pink as she subconsciously played with the sand between her toes. "If we were really dating, do you think it would've worked out?"

What the hell is wrong with her tonight? She's not acting like herself. Something must have happened. Was it Colton? Had he done something to make her act like a shell of who she normally was?

My heart bounded into rings of fire when her blue-green irises connected with mine. Suddenly, I felt hot as if I had already made my way to hell, and couldn't ignore the knots in my gut. Her eyes drew me in, which was shinning their usual deep oceanic blue color as they slowly searched for an answer in mine.

I had never really noticed before but the corners of her nose were scattered faintly with freckles. Were those cute freckles always on her button nose? This isn't good. I couldn't be thinking things like this when the girl I loved was over there. 

Frustration built in my chest. "Of course, there's no way it'd work out! To sum it up, you're just not my type, okay? You're ungrateful, rude, annoying, and bratty. There's hardly a sweet bone in your body unless you're benefiting from it. We'd probably fight all the time like we do now! For starters, maybe if you had some of Lana's traits then it could maybe work. I'm telling y-."

"Oh just shut up, will you? I get it! So just shut your fucking mouth!" She shouted catching my unphased ranting off-guard.

A century passed until she whispered, "I'm sorry."

What the hell had she met by sorry? We've had worse arguments and she never apologized to me till now. Out of frustration, I knocked my cereal box onto the floor causing honeycombs to slip out.