The Funny Business Begins

It's been two days

It's been two days.

Two days since I made the biggest mistake.

Two days since I bounded Davina's and my future together.

All I wanted was to keep Lana close to me. Only I would end up picking the girl I detested the most to impersonate as my girlfriend. To make matters worse, Catalina's tweet went viral and everyone started forming little conspiracy theories about our timeline as a couple. It was quite insane to see the things they would come up with, but half of our eye contact was actual death stares.

Neither Davina nor I could comment on any of the rumors during our little promoting frenzy for the show. However, with the spikes in our viewership and the views skyrocketing on our YouTube videos, I doubt we would keep our mouths shut for long. 

The production team and Davina's management team knew the worth of the gift they got handed to them.

Luckily for me, since it's just rumored, Wesley hadn't commented on the topic and our friendship has been going strong. Suddenly, I felt like Hannah Montana having to live a double life between my friends and my social personal.

My foot impatiently tapped a song against the floor as I waited for my fake girlfriend to show up. Glancing at my watch, I realized the brat was twenty minutes late to our meeting, and I could tell by Milo's demeanor that he wasn't exactly thrilled.

Milo scheduled a meeting between us to discuss the details of our PR relationship. I brought my reading glasses in case I had to oversee the contract. My school smarts had always lacked since I was a little boy, but I had a way in the streets.

My thoughts were dismissed when the door creaked open to reveal a chirpy Davina. Her eyes were fixated on her cell phone as she slumped down into the chair without a single word. Hailey snatched the phone from Davina's hands and placed it in a clear plastic bag.

"Great, I'm not seeing that thing for days." Davina groaned.

Milo sighed deeply. "Now that Davina decided to grace us with her presence, let's begin discussing the terms in the PR contract." He opened the briefcase in front of him and handed each of us a packet. "This relationship is to benefit both of your careers. However, we strictly work for Davina and will do anything that advances her back in the media's good graces. There might be terms you won't practically agree with and we are willing to make certain changes."

"I feel like I'm signing a deal with the Devil," I mumbled under my breath.

Davina kicked her feet up on the table. "Oh honey, the Devil doesn't even compare to how big of a bitch I can be."

Milo shot her a murderous stare. "Don't try to frighten the boy. You chose to make him your boyfriend."

She gasped. "No, I didn't! All I'm guilty of was enjoying a delicious banana before this idiot grabbed me and introduced me as his girlfriend. Then all hell broke loose."