The Part I Was Born For

It's been years since I've felt a ray of sunshine

It's been years since I've felt a ray of sunshine. Literally and figurately. My heart inflated with so much happiness, I feared it would spill out onto the floor. I didn't even think my heart could contain this much enjoyment. But Ambrose had a way of making our time together as if I was in euphoria.

People probably thought I was a weirdo for smiling at my audition script as I waited for Milo. Not to toot my own horn, but I fucking rocked that shit. I spent the entire car drive memorizing lines since Ambrose made it impossible to run through them last night. Though I rather devote my time to snuggle him until my heart content.

Coffee was my best friend and the only way to make it through the audition.

I'm running entirely on caffeine and the kick of adrenaline I get every time I reread Ambrose's message from early this morning, which I've done more times than I could count.

Fuck you for looking so goddamn gorgeous while sleeping. Those producers aren't going to know what hit them when you walk in the room. You are perfect!

Sure, I've had fans comment things like that to me before, but they're talking about the facade I put on, not the real me. Maybe it's my fault for hiding behind a mask, but it was easier than facing the hate I would get if everyone knew the true me. In the public eye, I was never enough; if I lost too much weight or have gotten curvier with age, fans never failed to complain.

That text was twisting me up in ways I never would've imagined. I mean, I blew away the producers, yet the only thing in my brain was Ambrose. This wasn't healthy. I shouldn't be thinking about my boyfriend every second of the day. Doubt hid in the shadows.

Everything was too good to be true. It's hard to believe Ambrose had truly gotten over his decade-long crush on Lana. Deep down, I hope he was telling the truth and my worries were only that. But how am I supposed to know?

Falling in love was like bungee jumping. The workers(Universe) would secure our feet to a large elastic cord. The launching pad represented our jump into the relationship stage, slowly growing accustomed to the idea of each other and establishing a trust bond. Plunging to the ground was how being in love must've felt like.

Coils in your stomach. Shudder in your spine. Ecstasy from the thrill of the journey. Love was never just one emotion. It was a million combined. I wanted to experience it all with Ambrose... But I couldn't shake the feeling everything could collapse because of his expired love for her.

"Hey, Davina!" That irritating chipmunk voice grabbed my attention.

A fake grin stretched over my face. "Hi, Ryler. I would've never thought I'll run into you here. Rumors said that your acting days are far too long behind you. Especially after your little meltdown on Legacies."

Ryler kissed both my cheeks, only bringing a trail of bile up my throat. "Same could be said for you... Not a lot of producers want a cocaine addict as their lead."