One True Heart Beats All

FOUR YEARS LATER.

Life couldn't have been any more unpredictable. It loved to throw little curveballs in your direction like some warranty to make sure you deserved this lifestyle. I've been through my fair share of curveballs throughout my life, but I couldn't make it without her.

Davina.

Her acting career has exploded since her academy award for her indie movie. Since then, there hasn't been a month where Davina wasn't filming something new. Long-distance had a way of putting a strain on most relationships, but we didn't have to worry about that. Our love had reached new lengths, no one could keep us away from each other. If we had to wait two months to see each other again, we would make it worth our wild.

Davina's black locks were pulled in a clumpy bun as she doodled on the empty canvas. Her body was being swallowed by my humongous overalls she borrowed. It's my favorite sight. Not to mention the gigantic grin plastered on her gorgeous face, stealing a breath from me whenever it appeared.

"What is that?" Davina snorted, her eyes bulging from their sockets at Lana's painting.

Lana pouted, her cheeks and ears turning red. "It's supposed to be Declan... But it looks more like a potato?"

Davina stifled her laugh by covering her mouth. "I thought you said you've been getting lessons from Ambrose."

"I have..."

Her eyebrows jumped to her hairline. "I want to see the masterpiece you used to make then..."

Lana's eyes widened in shock at her comment. She dunked her paintbrush into a container loaded with purple paint and flung it at Davina. The color landed on the entire left side of her face, ending above her waist. Davina squealed and retaliated by grabbing the whole container and pouring it over Lana.

This was my gift for letting them into my man cave?

Dropping my mug on the counter, I sprinted to the white-painted room to prevent them from ruining it. I'm regretting painting my wall plain old white, but I wouldn't have expected them to fight in here. There are five other rooms in this house, and they chose this room.

"Stop don't get any paint on my wal-." I was cut short when Lana thrust paint all over me and into my mouth.

"Ambrose!" Lana exclaimed, her teeth gritted in an awkward smile. "I was aiming for Davina! Why did you save her?"

I rubbed the paint off my face. "I wasn't trying to save her. I wanted to protect my walls, but..." My heart slightly faltered at the splotches of paint on my walls. "I let them down."

Davina smacked my ass with a hand towel. "You're such an ass! I'm more important than the walls."

A light bulb popped in my head. Smirking, I grabbed onto Davina's waist, smearing the thick paint onto her, and rubbed my face on her neck.

"Ambrose!" Davina squealed as Lana's giggles filled the room.

"That's what you get for making fun of my painting." Lana stuck her tongue out.

"Oh, come on! It's funny!" Davina snorted, her adorable pig-snorts vibrating against my body. "Bean sprout, go see it for yourself and try not to laugh."

I shrugged my shoulders, releasing Davina from my grasp. "It takes a miracle for Lana to surprise me." However, my eyes bulged at the sight of two gigantic beige splotches with the smallest brown eyes. I scratched my head. "This is supposed to be Declan?"

Lana nodded hesitantly. "I tried really hard on it! It's supposed to be his graduating gift, but you guys are making me feel less confident about it. Maybe I should give him the bunny we painted."