The Mystery Calendar Date

Since the morning fight with my mother, I hadn't seen them step another foot around here

Since the morning fight with my mother, I hadn't seen them step another foot around here. Milo confirmed they caught their flight so I wouldn't have to worry about running into them anytime soon. I hardly left the bed in two days since seeing them again.

Guilt gnawed at me.

I couldn't help but let it consume me.

What if they were doing better? What if my dream of having a family could finally come true? Was it possible for people to change after so much time? Being around them made me feel like some type of alien. They spent all this time together while I ran away; we were basically strangers at this point.

Could we even repair the relationship we had?

I pushed aside my thoughts when there was knocking on the door. Since the big fight with Wesley, he always stayed locked in his room with his video games. He waited until I went to my room to come out for food or the toilet. The only occasions we would be in the same room were during filming or being picked up.

Groaning, I got up from the comfy position on the couch and walked over to the door. My eyebrows frowned as I saw Milo standing outside with his little clipboard. Davina and I didn't have a schedule today, so why was he doing here? He only checked in whenever we had a plan set in motion.

"I don't remember us scheduling anything today?"

Milo rubbed his chin. "Don't worry, I just came over to visit today. Is broccoli head here?"

"I haven't heard him leave, so I guess so." I shrugged.

His lips tipped to the side. "Do you have any plans for tomorrow?"

There it was. He must've planned something to publicize our relationship. I wouldn't really mind spending a day with Davina. Anything beat moping around in my guilty thoughts, however, my friends were flying in tonight. After I told Lana everything about the morning I ran into them, she offered to come out.

Not only Lana, but the whole gang was coming out to cheer me up. I appreciated them dropping their lives in New York to make sure I was doing alright. It was days like this when you realized who your true friends are.

"My friends from New York are coming out. We're probably going to sightsee all day tomorrow... Why?" I asked, opening the refrigerator. "Would you like anything to drink?"

He shrugged. "Unless it's cranberry juice, then no thank you."

I laughed. "Don't only eighty-year-olds drink that?"

Milo half smirked. "It has health benefits. I'm watching my weight these days." he waved his hand. "That's beside the point. I'm not supposed to tell you this. Davina likes to keep certain things private."

A smile spread across my face. "It's really hard to do that with the media all in her face."

He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Extremely. But tomorrow is Davina's birthday. She lied to the public about her birthday, so the date that pops up online is fake. Davina isn't the type to have big birthdays, at least not after Colton."