Hopelessly

After a late-night chat with Ambrose, we spent the following week mostly apart

After a late-night chat with Ambrose, we spent the following week mostly apart. It wasn't intentional, but our schedules weren't crossing paths. It definitely wasn't because I couldn't stand being in a room with my boyfriend and his best friend that he's obviously still in love with. No, Milo just had bombarded me with auditions in case the Isabel's role was passed over to someone else.

Yup.

Sounds about right.

I groaned, turning over the page of my new script, and felt a kink in my neck from my unhealthy sleeping schedule. Staring at the ceiling for a lethal amount of hours was my new hobby. Ambrose had been preoccupied with his friends leaving or meeting up with lawyers to go forward with his assault case. Maybe he hadn't noticed I was subconsciously pulling away, putting up that barrier again.

Either way, with that barrier up, I was still his. My heart belonged to him. Whether it was a good or bad thing had yet to be determined. How am I supposed to focus on remembering these lines when all I could replay in my head was Ambrose's confession about kissing Lana? Or trying to. Does it really matter anyway?

From his puzzled gaze, I knew he lied when I asked if he love her. I'm not trying to invalidate his feelings for me, but there's something about Lana he hasn't let go of yet. Even so, I still loved him. It's pathetic. But if we were only supposed to be a temporary thing, I wanted to savor in it as much as possible.

Momentary.

Our relationship represented those spring showers before the sun blazed out from the clouds following by the sun. Lana has always been his sun. I think I'm his clouds, shadowing and obscuring his feelings from the truth. Until the time came when we would part ways and he would go back to Lana. Like everyone expected.

Like I expected.

My phone vibrated on the granite countertop. A photo from an Amazon worker dropping off a package was sent to my cell. Confusion washed over me as I thought about my recent purchase... Nothing. With a shrug of my shoulders, I dropped my script on the island and wandered over to my hotel door.

I glanced outside, catching a glimpse of a worker turning down the hallway, and grabbed the box. To my surprise, instead of its normal plain white prime packaging, it was enveloped in red wrapping paper with a heart-shaped bow on top. With a simple tug, the box came undone, to reveal an elegant Connor x La Fleur bouquet that features sixteen roses and a custom-designed notecard.

My stomach fluttered with anticipation as I opened the letter and saw Ambrose's dinosaur writing on the card.

Home is where you are. Baby, my feelings for you are like an ocean. It will never end till time. I spent days blissfully lost in the brightest hues of your sea-foam green-blue eyes. There isn't a second of the day when I'm not yearning for your presence.

If you're desiring me as much as I'm yearning for you... travel to the greens of the world and brightest of the sky to find the missing piece.