My Girlfriend Is...

1,460 hours

1,460 hours.

87658.1277 minutes.

5259487.66 seconds since I've spoken to Lana in person.

Today was our first taping in front of a live studio, and each contestant had five tickets to give away. Like many of the other participants, Wesley invited their families to come and join them out here. Luckily for me, Lana, Meadow, and Catalina were the only people I considered family.

With two extra tickets remaining, I offered one to Greyson, who had to do everything in his power to get off from work, and the other was given away to one of my co-stars. The thought of inviting Declan crossed my mind, but I wanted private time alone with Lana. He would only make me regret giving it to him in the first place.

I've spent the entire morning working on a surprise cake (mainly for Lana) but knowing the other rodents, they would jab their claws right into it. Afterward, I changed my outfit at least twenty times before settling on Nike's printed black t-shirt and cargo western-style trousers. Ultimately, I gave up on styling my hair and opted out for a boring old cap.

The mood of the penthouse has been... depressing.

After that horrendous encounter with Davina, I rushed home and found Wesley sobbing on the bathroom floor. He held onto the bathroom curtain as if it was his own personal teddy bear and kept repeating the statement she said to him.

"Wesley, you're to me what I am to my ex-boyfriend... nothing. Just a fling."

This girl was absolutely insane. Being a celebrity has gotten to her head, and she couldn't distinguish feelings apart from her own. All my life I thought my parents were the most egotistical individuals in the world, only to find a reality where there were other people like them.

And Davina was one of them.

A desperate sigh departed from my lips when I saw Wesley laying on the couch with no emotions on his face.

I truly think Davina broke him.

"Your family is coming today." I sat beside him on the couch. "I thought you would be more excited."

He chuckled. "I don't know what excitement is anymore."

His response brought an innocent snicker to sneak through. It brought back memories of the big blowout between Lana and me. I drank for three nights and partied with his pink-haired girl. They were only fragments, but I remembered bawling over Lana, and for five seconds I truly loathed her.

But as soberly took over, my thoughts circulated through my mind like an endless merry-go-round. First lesson- I couldn't despise Lana because she loved another. The second lesson and possibly the most important was I could cry for months if I wanted, but I'm the only person who could pick up the pieces. No mattered how much I craved to be alone, I needed to be around others and learn to smile for myself.