chapter 30

Elvis POV.

I see Joy pull up, she comes out of the Roll Royce looking ecstatic. Amelia ran towards her momma pigtails flying.

"Hey baby girl." Joy chuckled lifting her up.

"I missed you momma." Amelia smiled shyly, pressing her cheek against Joy's.

"I did too." Joy smiled, but her eyes said otherwise. She placed Amelia down and I made my way towards her.

"I saw him, Elvis." She murmurs when I pull her close into my chest.

"You saw who?" I questioned. I heard her soft sobs.

"Jay, Elvis. He came back home." She mumbles, I stayed silence I didn't know what to say.

Of course I was mad but I wasn't going to start a fight.

Joy POV.

After I meet up with Jay, we went back to his house. I never went to the nail salon like I said.

I know I'll hurt Elvis once he found out, and I dreaded that day.

"Joy, why don't you come out to the beach? Get some fresh air?" Elvis walked in our room. He opened the curtains, the sun peaking through.

My hair was a mess, eyes puffy.

"Baby, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." Elvis whispers softly. He kneeled down in front of me. Stroking my hair.

"I-I can't. Elvis you'll hate me." I sobbed. Elvis sat on the bed fully clothed bringing me on his lap.

"No I won't. Baby please." He whispers. Kissing the nape of my neck.

"No, Elvis. You'll want a divorce." I stumbled to get up. I felt dissy, sick to my stomach.

I gripped the bathroom counter taking my depression pills. I had them for multiple reasons.

"Joy, baby please. Your killing yourself. Don't you get it!!" Elvis yelled. Gripping both my arms. I let out a loud sob when my pills fell.

"You have to stop, for Amelia for me." Elvis cried bringing me into his arms. I stayed there as we fell down I sobbed into his shirt the rest of the night.