chapter 23

Joy (POV)

"Joy, honey. What's wrong?"I hear Elvis I whimper and whip my tears.

"If I told you, you'll probably hate me."I say he slides down next to me bringing me on his lap.

"Joy, I'd never in a million years hate you."he whispers stroking my hair. I lay my head down on his chest. As I breath in his scent.

"R-Red, said he still had feelings for me. Elvis I-I don't know what to do."I cry on him. I see his fist clench then release.I look up in his eyes. He sighs and kisses me.

"You ain't gonna leave. Are you?"I feel him tense up underneath me. I shake my head no.

"Good,I wouldn't let you anyway"he whispers standing me up.

"Momma , are you okay?" Amara asks I lift her up to my side.

"I am now." I smile I kiss her cheek.

"Where's you sister at." I ask

"Playing, she didn't want me touching her things." She pouts. I giggle.

"Honey, you have a lot of toys that are yours." I say I get up with her on my hip.

"But I want her dolly." She stomps.

"Hey, that's being ungrateful. You have plenty of Dolly's. " I sternly said.

"Momma is right, plenty of other kids would love to have your toys. Now run along ." Elvis told her she made a pouty face and hurried along.

"You, spoil them too much E." I say I go into the living room and pick up a few things.

"I like too, they ain't gonna be little forever." Elvis says. I nod

"Yeah, I guess your right. But they gotta have limits." I said.

"Why you picking up, we got maids for that." Elvis asks. I give him a ' I'm pissed look'

"Elvis, the maids ain't here full time. Plus they need a break once in a while." I say.

"I give you everything Joy, maybe I should let you be with Red. See how he treats you!" He hissed.

"Seriously Elvis. I can't believe you said that!" I yell

"You probably already Fucked him!" He screams I shake my head with tears running down I grab a flower vase and throw it he ducks.

"You pick that up!!"

"Quit treating Me like I'm a child!!!!"I yell going up the stairs. He grabs my arm firmly.

"Get you shit and go!" He says

"I ain't leaving Elvis!!!" He grabs both my arms and hold them tightly.

"I ain't gonna ask you again." He glares at me.

"I'm taking my kids!!" I say I run upstairs with Elvis hot on my tail. I hurry and grab a couple of close I pack Amara and Amelia bag and brag them.

"Dadddy!!" Amelia crys.

"Give me my children!" He demands. Vernon comes running in holding Elvis back.

"You guys are acting like children, now knock it off!" He yells

"Pa pa!" Amara crys Vernon grabgs Amara and Amelia from me.

"You two, work this out." He says with sharp eyes.

I glare at Elvis as he glares at me. He mumbles something I can't understand. He makes his way up stairs with his grip on my arm.