chapter 22

Joy(POV)

June, 16 1962

"Amelia baby, come pick your toys up!!!"I yelled she skipped down the stairs.

"Daddy says I don't need to pick up."she smiled I narrowed my eyes.

"Well, mommy says you do."I say she pouts and throws a fit.she throws her self on the ground kicking and screaming.

"Amelia! Pick these toys up right now. You made this mess."I scold at her.

"No!" She yelled I raised my brow.

"Elvis!!!"I yelled he laughed as he came out of the jungle room

"Yea baby?"he asks picking Amelia up and placing her on his knee.

"You need to quit telling these girls they don't need to do anything. They ain't royalty!"I say to him he rolls his eyes.

"Amelia, sweetheart. Can you do daddy a favor and pick your toys up?"he says as sweet as can be.

"But daddy you said-"

"No buts , your momma wants them picked up."he says she puffs and picks her toys up.

"Now was that hard?"Elvis mumbles going into the kitchen. My jaw open the whole time. I follow him In.

"Elvis , you can't keep treating these girls like they don't need to do anything. If they make a mess, they pick it up."I say Elvis wraps his arms around my waist kissing my forehead.

"Joy. I want those girls in there to have the time of there life. They deserve it don't they?"

"E. I  know you do but, they have to do something."I tell him. He nods

"Momma !!!! Amelia took my dolly!!"Amara yelled running in the kitchen. Amelia came right in.

"Well she tripped me!!"Amelia faught back.

"You two stop it. Amelia give Amara her dolly back, and amara you say sorry."I tell them they both sigh.

"I'm sorry.."Amara mumbles. Amelia gives Amara her dolly back.

"Good girls."Elvis kisses both there foreheads before disappearing.

Elvis (POV)

"Sorry boys, family drama."I laughed coming back in.

"E, you should take the girls on a vacation."Joe suggested puffing his cigarette out.

"Yea, Joy has been a little stressed out."

"Maybe that's what she needs"Red said

Joy (POV)

I wiped down the counter and red came in and threw his jacket on the hook.

"Hey, How've you been?"he asks dryly I shrug.

"Tired, what Bout you."

"Same. Joy , I know this is sudden but. I can't stop thinking about you."he says I blink back the tears

"Red. That kiss was a mistake, it was nearly 5 years ago. Why can't you let it go?" I ask he sighs and steps closer.

"I tried okay, I tried to forget about you joy but I can't. Every woman I see reminds me of you!!" A tear slides down my cheek. He slightly pushes me on the wall.

"Have you ever wanted someone so bad, you'd do anything for them?"he asks he traps me by placing both hands up.

"Yes."I quietly say he taps my chin up. Making me look at him.

"It hurts, Joy. Real bad , I feel bad Elvis gets to hold you, kiss you. And I have to watch."he says he brushes his lips agiansts mine. I look away.

"Red, I can't."I sob "I'm sorry."I mumble while crying.

"I wish I've never seen your face!"he spat before leaving. I slid Down the wall bringing my knees to my face crying.